Black Screen with all Emulators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebastian

Hello,

Im trying to run games with emulators like adripsx and epsxe. Problem is, I could run only silent hill 1 with epsxe till now. All other games only result in a black screen with no change, so I have to click Escape. Adripsx means something like unsupportes mips cpu instruction. I have a athlon 64. What can I do to run the games?

Greetings,
Sebastian

onewecallgod

are you sure you have the right plugins? having an A64 should havent interfere with the emulator. the rest of your full system specs?

Sebastian

For Example I have Petes 3 video-Plugins for d3d,dx6 and opengl. Then the 4 Soundplugins and bios 7502.

My System is an athlon64 with 1024mb ram(twinmos). Then win2k. Something more of interest?

Like I said. Silent Hill 1, was the only game that has run on my pc. All other only result in a black screen.

Greetings,
Sebastian

Sebastian

Whats the GPU? I cant find what that mens. Global Processing Unit? Like I said, its an Athlon64 3200+ with 2000MhZ.

Its the same with games in PAL and in NTSC. And epsxe should autodetect this. Its optioned this way. epsxe doesnt say a failure but shows black only and adri means unsupported mips cpu-instruction.

Greetings,
Sebastian

Guitar Gamer

Originally posted by Sebastian@Jul 14 2004, 08:27 PM
Whats the GPU? I cant find what that mens. Global Processing Unit? Like I said, its an Athlon64 3200+ with 2000MhZ.

Its the same with games in PAL and in NTSC. And epsxe should autodetect this. Its optioned this way. epsxe doesnt say a failure but shows black only and adri means unsupported mips cpu-instruction.

Greetings,
Sebastian
Actually - you need a different BIOS for NTSC and PAL games if I do recall correctly.

onewecallgod

Originally posted by Sebastian@Jul 14 2004, 03:27 PM

GPU = graphics processing unit (similar to CPU ;))

unsupported cpu instructions make no sense.... A64s are standard x86 cpus. think of it as an AMD XP with SSE2 and 64 bit instructions that arent used....

Guitar Gamer

And for future reference - SPU (like GPU) is the sound processing unit. They both follow a similiar naming convention. Good terms to know. *thumbs up*

Sebastian

Good to know...

So I have CPU:

Name : AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor 3200+
Description: x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 10
Manufacturer : AuthenticAMD
Version : Modell 4, Stepping 10
DataWidth : 32 Bits
Socket Designation : Socket-A
Type : Central Processor
CPU Id : 0000005500000F4A
CPU Family : Unknown
CPU Stepping : 10
Load Percentage : 80 %
Max ClockSpeed : 2000 MHz
Current ClockSpeed : 2000 MHz
External Clock : 200 MHz
Upgrade Method : undefined
L2 Cache Size : 1024 Kb
L2 Cache Speed : -1 MHz
Display Availability : Running/Full Power
PowerManagement Supported : false

GPU:

Name : MSI MS-StarForce GeForce FX 5200 (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200)
Display Availability : Running/Full Power
Video Mode : 1600 x 1200 x 4294967296 Farben
Adapter DAC Type : Integrated RAMDAC
Current Horizontal Resolution : 1600 Pixels
Current Vertical Resolution : 1200 Pixels
Current Number Of Colors : 4294967296
Adapter RAM : 128 MB
Current Refresh Rate : 85 Hertz
Video Processor : GeForce FX 5200
Inf Filename : oem16.inf
Driver Version : 6.14.10.5663
Monochrome : false
Installed Display Drivers : nv4_disp.dll

and a SPU(Its an Soundblaster Live):

Name : Creative EMU10K1 Audio Processor (WDM)
Manufacturer : Creative Technology, Ltd.
Product Name : Creative EMU10K1 Audio Processor (WDM)
PowerManagement Supported : false

Different BIOS? Then I have to look if there are versions available in net. Maybe it will work.

What the failuremessage means I cant find. Something with inbuilt-grafik-commands AMD isnt using? I tried all three petes plugins, all the same.

Greetings,
Sebastian

Sebastian

I cant find different bios for pal and ntsc. The only bios seems to be a newer and an older bios. Seems to not run this way.

Greetings,
Sebastian

Guitar Gamer

The one you probably need is SCPH1001.BIN. If you need it - just let me know (email). I'd be happy to help you out. But they are illegal so no links or such here.

Sebastian

I have found this bios in net but it didnt change. I used bios 7502 before, and before this an older bios like 5000 or 2000 or so.

Really dont know whats the matter. Anyone who runs emulator with similiar hardware for example same cpu?

Guitar Gamer

Originally posted by Sebastian@Jul 16 2004, 01:22 PM
I have found this bios in net but it didnt change. I used bios 7502 before, and before this an older bios like 5000 or 2000 or so.

Really dont know whats the matter. Anyone who runs emulator with similiar hardware for example same cpu?
SCPH1001.BIN is the most widely used and accepted BIOS. How big was it? There'a always a chance it's corrupt. You can never be to careful. :)

G

Gigashock

try to look for the 101 bios which is the psONE model. it might be compatible with some of your games if pal-ntsc makes any diference like guitar gamer said

Guitar Gamer

It would make a difference if he were using the BIOS intended for NTSC games and was playing PAL games. The PAL BIOS is SCPH7502.BIN and the NTSC is SCPH1001.BIN. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. :)

Sebastian

Yes. Motherboard and GPU from MSI. This means there runs an application which automatically checks for new driver, bios and so on. All is the newest stand.

Greetings,
Sebastian

pam

Banned
i wonder why u all guys waste your time..since there is [/B] NO any working playstation emulator, as also this happens to many others, too... :

Status
Not open for further replies.