Pokemon diamond

Arnout

Hello,

I've just gotten pokemon diamond on the No$gba emulator (also nds) to work on my pc and it was going too fast, so i adjusted the Emulation Speed/LCD refresh, so it worked fine. But once i go outside it goed really slow, and adjusting doesn't help, it even makes it just kills the program sometimes. Do you know wat to do ?

Thanks

spotanjo3

Hello,

I've just gotten pokemon diamond on the No$gba emulator (also nds) to work on my pc and it was going too fast, so i adjusted the Emulation Speed/LCD refresh, so it worked fine. But once i go outside it goed really slow, and adjusting doesn't help, it even makes it just kills the program sometimes. Do you know wat to do ?

Thanks

No, there is nothing you can do about it. It was already answered. The speed is an issue that this emulator is still in development. You will have to wait for it to improvement the speed in the future. The best you can do is read the changelog and see if the speed in it is improvement or not. If it is not in its list then it is not improvement yet. Please wait in the near future. :happy:

Arnout

After adjusting a few more things, the game works good enough for me, but when i enter a fight ( the very first, or a second fight in de grass) and i attack,and other pokemon is almost dead, at that point, the game just stops, the music is still playing, but it's almost like its on pause or something. Is this also a problem, or can this be fixed?

spotanjo3

After adjusting a few more things, the game works good enough for me, but when i enter a fight ( the very first, or a second fight in de grass) and i attack,and other pokemon is almost dead, at that point, the game just stops, the music is still playing, but it's almost like its on pause or something. Is this also a problem, or can this be fixed?

What emulator ? no$gba 2.4c can play this game just fine but sometimes the speed is slow and sometimes speed is good however it is still fully playable for no$gba 2.4c. If your have a problem then there is no way to be fixed until the emulator developer release the next one or so.

Arnout

yeah, i'm playing it with no$gba 2.4c , but it still happens. I've turned sound etc off, for more speed. I'll just try again.

And is there a save state function on the no$gba 2.4c emu ? just like on the visualboy advance

Last edited:

Arnout

maybe it's the rom that i am playing with. Are you allowed to give me a link to a good rom, or a site which has the good rom?

spotanjo3

ok, i understand, could it be a problem (bad rom) ?

Could be but you will need to show the screenshot for sure. I know this game is fully playable as far as it goes on 2.4c.

And is there a save state function on the no$gba 2.4c emu ? just like on the visualboy advance

Yes, it's working only for gba roms but for nds roms will be possible in the future but not right now. :)

Arnout

ohke, thanks. Well i'm playing P pearl now, different rom, i'm hoping this does work

Ok, i know, i've got lots of questions. Another one. If i play pokemon pearl, i can save etc just fine, when i reset the emulator, it recongnizes the saved game, but when i press it, the screen goed black, nothing happens.

Now i was playing this al with something i downloaded. It said, pokemon fully emulated. and it worked there, there were some other files added like a firmware. Because when i put the no$gba 2.4c in a new folder, and i also put pokemon pearl in that same folder, and i start up pokemon. The game says ''data could not be read, Please turn off the power, then remove en reinsert the DS game card'' . What do i need to do ?

well, i found out why the game stopped after the first or second fight, it was because a dying pokemon makes a certain sound, and i had the sound turned off, so sometimes it stops.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arnout

Ohke sorry. I've gotten pokemon diamond to work with using the sound on, but my savegame just disappeared ? It worked 2 times, then i went to my friends in de evening, came back around 1 o' clock and the game just started with the usual first conversation about pokemon en filling in your name etc.

spotanjo3

No. This emulator I am using is 2.4c:

I will do it for you. Yes, see ? You need to set it to 512kbytes and yes, it is clean rom and unpatch and the save did work! Boy, am I right! :D

53q3yc8.jpg

4vs3lmc.jpg

I exit this emulator and open it and here it is and it's working:
6ch8zn8.jpg

Arnout

yes, i've gotten it to work, but i am using 256 kbytes, does that matter ? and could i change it without starting over ?

spotanjo3

I do not know. If it is work for you after you exit no$gba and load it up without a problem then I do not see any problem with that. I am using my savetype version because of this cart's size. :)