ScummVM, I have a problem???

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Hiya, I don't know who's aware of this DOS/WINDOWS/Floppy emulator type software which emulates certain old game engines. I've got some games on it i.e Broken Sword 1 & 2, Monkey Island 1, 2 & 3 etc. Anyway I also have got a game called Simon the Sorceror but I can't access the game because there is a copy protection thingy, I'm sure this should be bypassed, but I can't get passed it, any ideas??? (The book I need has vanished):confused:

Ryanfaescotland

What's the protection thing like? Is it whats the third word on the 4th line of the manual type thing?

Have you tried just typing anything in that might work??

Epsi

Zoo Keeper
That is rather strange, cause i use scummvm 0.9.1 and it bypasses the protection screen of Sam and Max. im haveing trouble with Loom. are you useing scumm 0.10.0?

Crazy!

Road Runner!
I forgot about this thread...:happy: No I didn't know there was a fully working version of 10.0 I'll get it! Yeah mine bypasses sam and Max but not Simon the sorcerer, the bypass screen is like a big compass and it asks you to click on the compass where a certain image appears in the manual, but it only lets me try twice and then comes off! And to Epsi, I'm not having trouble with loom on 09.01??:D

FatTrucker

Abusus non tollit usum
Apparently Simon the Sorceror (floppy version) is the only game in ScummVM with this issue.

You can download the original Manual from Here

I don't think this breaches the AUP as its only the link to the manual and has no links or allusions to romsites.

Either that or source the CD version which ScummVM deals with the copy protect in the same way as all the other games.

Last edited:

Crazy!

Road Runner!
Thanks for that, I've downloaded it but there doesn't seem to be anything on the copyright, strange... anyway I'll seek out the CD Version! Thanks! :D