Game suddenly freezes...even though it never used to

Azzy

Hi there, I'm having a problem with ePSXe as I used to be able to play my game Olympic Soccer just fine, but now when it loads before a match starts, it freezes. The weird thing is, it freezes when it actually says in the game it's now loading. It freezes there, but it didn't used to.

Azzy

Corrupt huh? Now why would it do that, how can I check if it is, and how can I fix it?

EDIT:I've now tried re-extracting the file from the winrar folders it was contained in, hoping that it would work like it used to, but for some reason, it still freezes on me at the same point. I don't know why this is affecting newly extracted files too. The game worked perfectly moments before it did this, but all of a sudden, it's freezing.

Also of note is that when I reach the screen where player one and two choose which side they want to be, as the team names and flags zoom down onto the screen, they disappear when they stop in place. So you have to know which side was the home and which was the away from memory. That's no major issue as such, and it had always happened when the game didn't freeze, but all the same, it's a slight bug I guess.

Can anyone suggest some alternatives for me. Perhaps a place I can download the game elsewhere? By chance, if anybody could find me a working file of Olympic Soccer and send it to me, that would be brilliant. It's a hard game to find though, but I can't think what else to do.

Many thanks to those who reply and try to help. I'm desperate.

EDIT 2:
I decided to try playing the game with a different emulator - SSSPSX - and the results were great. It plays perfectly and the background music actually plays (unlike in ePSXe), the team names and flags appear on the side selection screen, and best of all, it doesn't freeze!

The only problem I have now is that I don't know how to set up online play for SSSPSX. So my question is this - is it possible to play online against someone in SSSPSX? Perhaps It's best I create a new topic instead now... If it's a problem then please delete one of the threads.

Thanks for the help once again.

Last edited: