Can't get usb playstation controller to work

kpn

I can't get my playstation controller that is connected to a usb connector I bought at radio shack to work. Is working perfectly with win xp but an not sure how to configure it correctly and not sure if I have the correct plugin with it.

Edea

Well first you could start out by telling these guys what emulator it is that you need to configure, and possibly they might need to know what controller.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
If windows can use it then the emulator should too.

If you are using epsxe then you should not be able to use controller plugins as the emulator does not support them. You are stuck with the build in controller configuration menu.

Guitar Gamer

Yeah, epsxe should handle your controller fine. Make sure you'r going "CONFIG > GAMEPAD > PAD 1" and then selecting each button and defining them to be an action on your gamepad. If this isn't working at all - make sure your pad's drivers are up to date from your manufacturer.

A little problem I seem to have now and then is that when I define a button on my usb pad it automatically returns it back to being the default keyboard value when I switch the focus to another field. But, what seems to fix it is enabling "CONFIG > GAMEPAD > MULTI-TAP", re-defining the buttons for PAD 1 and then turning MULTI-TAP off. I'm not sure if anyone else has ever had that problem... could be just me. :p None the less try what I said and let us know how things pan out.

frosted

possibly another issue is its always worth calibrating ur pad in the CONTROL PANEL options with mouse/keyboard and other stuff section b4 you try to use it in anything.

kpn

I went to CONFIG > GAME PAD > PAD 1 and all of the values are keyboard letters how do I change them to the controller values

Guitar Gamer

Cool - all you have to do now is click in one of the fields (one of the boxes sprouting from the buttons on the picture of the PSX controller) and without touching anything else, press the button on your usb pad you'd like it to be. Continue from there - defining each button to something on your pad. :)