emulating dreamcast

goffreo

is there in this forum someone that is able to use any dreamcast emulator?
please i am trying and trying but i am not able on the moment.
best regards to anyone....

Jale

Currently, there are two Dreamcast emulators that have managed to run some commercial games at an acceptable speed and compatibility. And they are Chankast and NullDC.

goffreo

could you help me how to use these emulators?
or better how should i do to run vitua striker using one of these two emulators?
thank you to everyone

Jale

You need to get the dc_bios.bin and dc_flash.bin (don't ask where). For NullDC, you need to rename the dc_bios.bin to dc_boot.bin.

Jale

The sad news about Chankast is that it's been dead since 2005 (no updates, no new releases, nothing). Chankast can play some games like Sonic Adventure, Shenmue, Grandia II and some other well-known games.

Genome

north west south west
sorry but this seemed the best place for it rather than making a new thread.

is dc emulation anywhere near where n64 is. is there only a handful of playable games at this point?

best emu?

thanks

goffreo

thank to everyone in advance...........
the thing that i wonna do is to know exactly which game runs with chankast or which game runs with nulldc.
the other thing that i wonna know is the version of the good emulators.
for example with chankast version......... runs..................
with nulldc version .................... runs.....................
this will be a very good help to everyone wants to test a dc emulator.

spotanjo3

sorry but this seemed the best place for it rather than making a new thread.

is dc emulation anywhere near where n64 is. is there only a handful of playable games at this point?

best emu?

thanks

NullDC is better and anywhere near n64 emu is... Chankast is not good because it is picky and annoying to some people who have a problem with computer. NullDC can handle better like Pj64 for any computers. However, if you have good computer then I suggest you getting both emulators... Anyway....:)

Here:

http://forums.ngemu.com/nulldc-discussion/87544-nulldc-v1-0-0-beta-1-screenshots.html

compatibility list.. that's why ngemu forum is the best for you to check it out:

http://forums.ngemu.com/nulldc-discussion/87869-nulldc-v1-0-0-beta-1-compatibility-list.html

Last edited:

goffreo

thank you to everyone

finally today i run my chankast emulator
i want summerize the steps for everybody:
the first step is to find the boot files (written in this post by butter)
the second step is to install the daemon tools on your pc in order to run the iso images.
the third step is to run the iso utopia imagine (you must search it on the web)
the forth step is (you must click on daemon tools (unmount all drives) and after this you must click on demon tools (mount all drivers choosing the iso imagine that you want in according to the compatibility of the games with chankast)
if you want i can give all the informations that you want