Problem with ISO loader.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
I have GTA:LCS on my memo stick but when i try to load it and play the screen goes black. Ive tried DevHook and DaxIso. Neither work. Is it because I need 2.00 FW.

B/W: I have F.W. 1.50

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Sorry it took so long to reply.

I now have DevHook.52 Please tell me what devhook settings i need to use to load a Ratchet and Clank.iso.Preferably without a UMD in the drive.

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Just copy the ISO to the ISO folder on your memory stick. Then turn on your PSP and the game will appear in the GAME section on the PSP. Click [X] (or [O] if your psp is japanese)) to run the game.

If the game doesnt run it maybe because it requires specific settings so try changing them on the menu when you first run DevHook. youll need to completly reboot the PSP (Take the battery out then put it back in again).

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Just to be sure this is w/o a UMD right. Because when i try i select the .iso,
then i select FW 3.03,then I start dev. the only thing that changes in the game section is a Key that says [Certificate Utility]

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
Im not sure of the exact settings you need. If it doesnt work then maybe upgrade to a custom firmware such as 3.40OE.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
with the custom fw i can do everything that i can with 1.5 right.

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
With the custom firmware you can run practically all the homebrew created for 1.5 with the exception of homebrew that changes fonts, sounds etc.

There are program specifically writen for the custom firmwares that allow you to change fonts, sounds etc. Using a program like this created for 1.5 on a custom firmware could brick your PSP.

But with the recovery menu built into the CF you can restore any damaged files so long as they are not vital system files.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
<<<There are program specifically writen for the custom firmwares that allow you to change fonts, sounds etc. Using a program like this created for 1.5 on a custom firmware could brick your PSP.>>>

does that include IRshell?

have you ever tried it, cause im not very smart when it comes to this so i need to know if its somewhat easy.

Last edited:

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
I imagine IRShell works fine on custom firmware. Installing custom firmware is easy. Read the readme.txt file that comes with the program.

Basically all you have to do is copy a couple of programs to your memory stick. Then rename the update files to 150.pbp and 340.pbp and copy them to the memory stick. Run the first program that will bind them to together (This took me about 10/15 minutes). Then move that file to the same directory as the flasher. Run the flasher program and it does the rest.

Refer to the Readme that comes with the programs for full instructions.

Just remember to have a full battery when you flash your psp and make sure your charger is plugged and dont remove it while it is flashing. Removing the charger while it is flashing will result in a brick.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Thanks, Im going to try.

do i need to erase any of my homebrew besides devhook

TchuBacha

I am the Stig
You can keep everything youve got on your memory stick, but i would recommend you make a backup for your save data to your computer and start from a freshly format memory stick.

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
You can keep everything youve got on your memory stick, but i would recommend you make a backup for your save data to your computer and start from a freshly format memory stick.

I shall do that, thanks

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
i formatted my m/s and all i have on it is the update maker and when i try t use it it says<150.PBP Cannot open File>

and yes i have 150.PBP
340.PBP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nevermind the readme said rename the updates to 150.PBP/340.PBP

Well actually you just need to rename to 150/340

I feel STUPID
---------------------------------------------------------------
ive tried to load many iso/cso files and the only ones that works are lumines and Ratchet. the others say game could not be started..or the screen stays blank.
-------------
i tinkered with the configuration and i got a few more games to load and play but some dont. do you know of a list that tells the settings different games will need? do some games require a umd to be in the drive.

Last edited:

AnAutisticDog

Such Coin. Many Doge.
Just now noticed that IRShell shows up as corrupted.