Can't get psxeven to play ISO

Blade127

IKnowNothing
I can't get the psxeven version .18 nor the .17 version to play playstation ISO games mainly FF7. I got the Daemon program that I read in the other forums but from there I don't know what to do. Please help!!!! :blink: <_<

onewecallgod

is "psxeven" an emulator? what are the problems? error messages, blank screens...etc

Guitar Gamer

This may be out of context - but if you're interested in playing games in the best possible manner - why are you using PSXeven? Just curious. No offense intended.

nesman

try using ePSXe. thats a very good emulator and very compatible. the only thing you have to do is to configure plugins. it worked fine on my pc.

Guitar Gamer

Epsxe 1.6.0 is your best bet. You'll need the proper BIOS depending on your area (NTSC or PAL) but I'm sure you can find that on your own pretty easily. As for plugins - they're even easier to find. Why not post your PC specs and we can recommend some plugins for you?

epsxe will DEFINITELY play Final Fantasy 7 with little to NO problems by the way. *thumbs up* (provided your PC is up to par with the requirements)

M.H.A.Q.S.

PSXeven cannot play PSX games reasonbly at any good rate! Leave it alone and use epsxe instead.

Blade127

IKnowNothing
1.7 athlon XP overclocked to 2.4
windows XP pro
512 ddr memory
sound blaster audigy ZS

The only problem now is that I can't find the plugins for the configurations. I went to www.ngemu.com but I still can't find the plugins. By the way I would like to say thanks for the help.

Blade127

IKnowNothing
Oh, forgot to put in my graphics card :oops:
ATI 9800 pro for graphics card.

Okay got some plugins still can't get the stupid game to work. All I'm looking for is to play FF7, again :wub: :lol: I still can't get the ISO to work:msn_pissed: But I can play the playstation games. :D

Also, don't know why I couldn't find the site for the plugins but thanks for the help.
:tmnt:

BTW: just felt like putting in all the emoticons. :its cool: don't know why.

Blade127

IKnowNothing
I can play the cd games not the ISO games <_< I got the cdr Mooby but I still can't play the ISO's. BTW thanks for all the help. Ninja :ph34r:

Guitar Gamer

Are they downloaded ISOs or personally ripped ISOs? If they're downloaded - it's likely they may be corrupt files (since they're not working). And remember the best tool for playing CD images is Daemon Tools but some others are Alcohol or even easier - the built in epsxe function to play images! "_" :)

Make sure you're trying, in epsxe 1.6.0, clicking "FILE > RUN ISO" and then selecting your image in the pop-up that's triggered.

If you're ripping yourself - what software are you using to do so?

Blade127

IKnowNothing
I used winISO to make the ISO's. Use Nero to burn. The problem with Daemon Tools is I mounted the ISO and I still can't get the thing to play. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. If I use the Daemon Tool and I mount the ISO which do I use the run cd or run ISO. I tried both and neither work. When I go to play the ISO all I get is a black screen. <_<

BTW when I play FF7 (using the cd for now, but I have to give the game back to my friend soon) I don't get the combat menu. Do you know how to fix?

Thanks for the help Guitar Gamer. I noticed that you do most of the posting.

onewecallgod

when its mounted on daemon tools, it would be run cd because the virtual cd is in the virtual tray of the virtual cd drive

just try running iso first

Guitar Gamer

Originally posted by Blade127@Jul 15 2004, 06:12 AM
I don't get the combat menu. Do you know how to fix?
I had the same problem initially. I can't prefectly remember what I did but I think it's this...

Using Pete's OpenGL plugin:

- Go "CONFIG > VIDEO"
- Make sure Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.74 (or whatever version you may have) is selected
- Click the "CONFIGURE" button below the drop down menu
- Near the bottom left hand corner of the pop-up window you should see this - "Special Game Fixes" preceded by a check box and followed by a [...] button.
- Click this check box on
- Click the [...] box
- In the new pop-up check the first box on the list titled 0x0001 and described as 'ONLY for FF7 battle cursor/battle swirl'
- Click OK
- Make sure you click 'Nice' on the bottom left hand corner of the first pop-up.
- Click OK.

I "think" this should do it. Give it a try.

As for the ISO's I'd recommend trying to rip them in a different program such as BlindWrite. I've played FF7 from ISOs using Blindwrite to make the images. And I'm positive they work with the built in 'Run ISO' function in epsxe.

A thought - some ripping applications produce more then a single file in the "complete" image. Sometime there may be a very large one and a smaller one such as a cue sheet, etc. Check and make sure you're selecting the largest one (if there's more then one that is)

Blade127

IKnowNothing
I finally got the ISO to work. Well not an ISO. Here's what I did for those having problems getting their games to work. I went to a site called http://www.slysoft.com/en/ and downloaded cloneCD. This make's an perfect duplacate (sorry for the spelling) of the cd's. you can then play the image of the cd. I don't know if ISO's work but I know this does. :D

Again I would like to thank Guitar Gamer for all of his help.

:tmnt:

mojojojo

I tried to mount an ISO for resident evil nemesis, all i get is the loading screen and then it bombs {black screen}.
I am using nero with epsxe.

Guitar Gamer

Your welcome Blade. And yes - CloneCD is great too! (I forgot to mention it) Glad you got things running. *three thumbs up*

mojojojo - Try using different ripping software. As you can see Blade had success with CloneCD - so give that one a try. :) Use the rest of this thread for reference if need be.