question.....please help

killcaustic138

Say that somehow i were to come across a .bin file.....How would i go about running that in epsxe...i have the bios and all of the plugins but i don't know how to do the .bin file....alsooo what about a .img file and a .rar file? thanks

Ryanfaescotland

You'd run your emulator and go to file -> run iso and select it. Then if you find it doesn't work you'd search the site for an answer to your problem before asking ;)

.rar files are compressed files similar to .zip files and you need WinRar to open them you can get it by google-ing winrar

killcaustic138

You'd run your emulator and go to file -> run iso and select it. Then if you find it doesn't work you'd search the site for an answer to your problem before asking ;)

.rar files are compressed files similar to .zip files and you need WinRar to open them you can get it by google-ing winrar

i had looked about a half an hour ago and couldn't find anything really....do you have any suggestions of places i could look to solve the problems i come across?

Ryanfaescotland

Do you have the .bin file and the sound/video/cd plugins and bios yeah??

If so all you should have to do is run ePSXe goto file then runiso and goto the directory the .bin file is and double click it.

killcaustic138

Do you have the .bin file and the sound/video/cd plugins and bios yeah??

If so all you should have to do is run ePSXe goto file then runiso and goto the directory the .bin file is and double click it.

yea.....well i have one game which is a .bin file....and the other is an .img file.......i went to run iso and each time selected the file....and it said cd rom not found for both files(both different games)......am i able to even play any games without a cd (like straight from the computer)?

Ryanfaescotland

You can play striaght from the computer and .bin files work

Are you going to run iso yeah and not run cdrom?

Ryanfaescotland

I'm still at a loss what your problem is. If your going to run iso it shouldn't say anything about cd-roms missing unless you haven't got a cd-rom plug in yet which I belive you can download from the site you got the emulator.

Try a different cd-rom plug in regardless.

Ryanfaescotland

Yeah you need one regardless hopefully it will run once you have one.

Ryanfaescotland

No sweat mate, try a different sound plug in or play about with the configeration of the one you already have.

Happy enough to keep helping if you want but really it is all trial and error at least it when you talk to me it is lol