N64 or Gamecube on LAN?

Sethian

So, I'd like to know if there exist any N64 or Gamecube emulators that you can play on LAN. Me and my LAN mates would like to play Super Smash Bros. on LAN because none of us owns a N64.

Are there any emulators that could run games on LAN so that you don't have to split one computer for 4 players? I think we can divide one computer for three players if 2 of them play with a shared keyboard and one with a controller.

I just downloaded Project64 and Super Smash Bros. and they both work absolutely great. The only problem is that we'd have to play with one computer.

Are there any tricks to share the game so that everyone could play on their own computers?

onewecallgod

gamecube emulation isnt playable yet, so forget about that for a long time. if you dont mind spending money, just ebay an n64 and controllers. its 50$ tops

Sethian

I downloaded the Kaillera and 1964. I'd like to ask how does the Kaillera server work? The instructions at Kailleras website were quite...hmm.. intresting.

I've played around with the CONF-file and I set it to LAN. I've found my own server with the 1964 and joined it. I put up a game and played it (laggeg a bit though).

Is the process so simple? If everyone just has 1964, same version of the Super Smash Bros. and is connected to local network, will it work?

Does my server lag bad if I join it myself? When I did it lagged a bit but it was still playable.

I hope you can confirm my suspections or correct my mistakes.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Sethian@Jul 10 2004, 07:18 PM
Is the process so simple? If everyone just has 1964, same version of the Super Smash Bros. and is connected to local network, will it work?
Yes but there might be some lag even at a LAN.