Spiderman #2

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
Why hasnt anyone made this thread yet? Anyway, I'll be waching it today if I'm lucky in around 5 hours.

Start posting comments and i'll post mine after I come back from the cinema :)

Guitar Gamer

In my opinion it was better then the first one. Since we're already warmed up from #1 things just got going quicker and things just got more intense. I don't want to put any spoilers here until Lefteris_D sees it. So until then I'll just say - awesome special effects *thumbs up*, same great cast, and a good emotional + involving plot that makes you feel a little bit sad at the end (depsite happier circumstances). They did a good job on it. I can't complain about anything. If you liked #1, this one will do justice and live up to what you'd expect. :)

belmont

I haven't seen it yet.I didn't really like the first one because of the many mistakes in the storyline.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
I liked it. At the end where Mary Jane goes to Peter's house still wearing the wedding dress Peter realizes how stupid he was and they kiss. There was also an applause during that kiss from the viewers(including me) :)

Here is my "bad guy" guess for the next movie:
1. Jameson's son, the astronaut, brings "the symbiot" from space thus we have Venom!
2. Dr Connors(spell correct?), who is Peter's teacher, tries to recover his missing arm thus becoming The Lizzard.
3. Harry wants to take revenge thus becoming the new Green Goblin just like in the comic.

Any of those three is nice though the Green Goblin option has the most chances of happening.

Guitar Gamer

Originally posted by Lefteris_D@Jul 9 2004, 09:04 PM
3. Harry wants to take revenge thus becoming the new Green Goblin just like in the comic.
I do believe he'll be called the Hob Goblin (if I recall correctly) I'm no comic book fan so I may be wrong. The only thing about the movie that ticked me off was at the last 10 seconds of the movie when Mary Jane should be smiling but instead she looks sad and unsure again. <_< Just be happy dammit! :p

belmont

Hobgoblin wasn't Harry.Hobgoblin was Leeds at first and Jason afterwards(you may not know them,they are Peter's friends).
Harry was affected by the same virous such as his father.He went mad and ended up in a prison for crazy criminals.
However Harry firstly became Green Goblin to protect his family from Hobgoblin.

Lefteris_D

Administrator
Staff member
For some reason "Spiderman 3: The return of Green Goblin" wont satisfy me enough. I liked how this movie focused on Peter's personal issues but I'd hate to see Harry of a revenge persuit... It will be too simple ;)

I'd love to see an aditional bad guy though! The Lizzard perhaps?

Guitar Gamer

My thoughts exactly. The moment I saw Harry and the Green Goblin equipment my stomach sank a few inches. I wish they'd continue with a new villain... and if they please they can have Harry in their too... just not focused on him...

Then again... from a story telling perspective I guess it would be logically correct to continue with Harry being the next villain (it being so obvious and all)

Guitar Gamer

A saw it a second time with my wife and noticed one thing...

Where the hell does he put his clothes after he rips them off in a microsecond? I know he's a super hero - but he's no zippy winds speeding bullet junk. Unless that suit has some deep hidden "super" pockets - I declare it a flaw.

(Note: Don't take me seriously - I'm just picking at things a little too much and feeling the need to bitch about something...)

pam

Banned
the first one was the best because we saw how the whole story began. But BATMAN (the first one only) was much better...

belmont

Well even though I hated the first film I liked the second because it looked more like the comic.

The Return of the Green Goblin is one of the best Spiderman stories.I'd like to see it in a movie.
I don't like the idea of Jameson's son becoming Venom.

KidneyKai

Jamesons' son brings the symbiote from space, he ain't actually venom. They haven't introduced eddie brock yet so i doubt its going to be Venom. I like the moives because they aren't going by the comics 'exactly'. The movies are like a timeline of thier own, so you won't really know where its going (apart from spider-man always winning in the end).

Edit: Whoa, i just saw a new signature for me. Big surprise for me, i wasn't expecting it. It Looks great. Brilliant. Excellent! Thanks Mr. Rocky. :D

S

Spike

Venom would be awesome, but its not going to happen, its totaly going to be mysterio, in my opinion the GAYEST villan in all of marveldom.

did anyone else notice stan lee make a cameo in the movie? he pulled a woman out of danger of falling rocks while doc oc and spidey duked it out! way to be stan, way to be.

Guitar Gamer

I sure did. But only on the second time around. I almost had to laugh a bit and felt an urge to tap someone around me and point it out to verify my sanity.

S

Spike

when i tried to point it out to the stranger next to me he just looked at me funny

KidneyKai

Can anyone actually imagine Venom in CGI form? I can't. It'd look to weird. Like Garfield. What the heck have they done to him?!