still...

G

Gigashock

still i can't figure out how to play games in it
look i've transformed my games into boot cd and the same stuff happens over and over again!
it's like i boot the right drive and everything. all i get is when the bios starts the dreamcast logo, then it always asks me to set the clock twice theb goes to the bios. i put play in the bios and he resets.
could you help me?
and yes my emu is set to euro.

G

Gigashock

oh yeah and if anyone could send me a video of chankast working besides the bios. just to have a clue because i'm not convinced with the snaps :p

nesman

if your BIOS asks for you to set the clock twice, then it must be that your BIOS is corrupted. i heard about this on the Chankast forum. try finding another BIOS.

G

Gigashock

thanx a lot nesman i needed that. now it works greatly
i was almost gonna throw my pc to the trash so stressed with this god damn thing.
cheers you got votes from me

M.H.A.Q.S.

arent dreamcast cds not regular cds? arent they different from PC cds?

Dreamcast CDs are often called GDROMs, they are different from regular cdroms. The Pc recognizes them as Audio Cds, while they are not. So it is quite difficult to make an iso or run them from a regular CDROM.

necropimp

Originally posted by M.H.A.Q.S.@Jul 12 2004, 09:44 PM
arent dreamcast cds not regular cds? arent they different from PC cds?

Dreamcast CDs are often called GDROMs, they are different from regular cdroms. The Pc recognizes them as Audio Cds, while they are not. So it is quite difficult to make an iso or run them from a regular CDROM.
actually the PC reads a small portion of the disc with a couple of files that have the games title or something...

and it's not difficult... it's impossible with a PC CD-ROM drive... the method for making ISOs involves connecting a dreamcast to a PC

which is why i basically gave up on bothering with dreamcast emulation because i'm too broke/lazy to get the stuff i need

dcfan

nesman said:
if your BIOS asks for you to set the clock twice, then it must be that your BIOS is corrupted. i heard about this on the Chankast forum. try finding another BIOS.
Yeah, I'm a new that signed up. I need some help for my dreamcast emulator. Can any of you tell me exactly how to make it work, like from the very first step to the last? Thanks

-=VampyR=-

Immortal
In see it's a trend these days to bump 2 year old threads...:dry:
Make a search through the forum I think you'll find what you need.

Last edited: