Have I got the right emulator? - GENS 2.14

bit4bit

I just downloaded the GENS 2.14 emulator from this site. Is this the right emulator for playing Mega drive games? If not then which one do I need?

TwistedWhizz

If you're on Windows, then I would definitely recommend Kega Fusion. It's absolutely tremendous, and seems to me to add a generation to the MegaDrive! It's the main thing I miss when using Linux.

I can't think why you get strange colours Spellsong. It looks amazing on my numpty ancient Dell CRT.

Spellsong

Gray Mage
I am talking about when I play this emulator on my TV using a crossover cable. My monitor is an old piece of crap, and everything is darker fullscreen, and the sprites don't look right. In other words, my TV is way way way waaaaaaaay better monitor for emulation.

Last edited:

Spellsong

Gray Mage
As for Kega! Since I started to use a simple crossover cable, it looks extremely well on my TV. I am now only keeping Gens to play the MK hack.

Zach

What were you using to hook to the TV before the crossover cable ?

Just the standard S-video out junk ?

Spellsong

Gray Mage
Some converter I wasted my money on. The crossover was really supposed to be used for audio, but it had a video input as well. I used that, and realize that I wasted over $60 on something I could have only had spend $10 on. But hey, its good for computers that only have onboard graphics though.