Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PS3 Emulator

Default PS3 Emulator

No, im not some idiot asking for something as impossible as this, but I have a question, the PS3 has a quad core cell processor right? If any emulation of this console ever happens, will it have to also emulate the processor, or could you somehow link it to your own if you have one? Hardly anyone has a PC with quad cores right now, so I would imagine it would be around 2015 until an emulator is even attempted.

Default Re: PS3 Emulator

Quote Originally Posted by Yoster View Post
    No, im not some idiot asking for something as impossible as this, but I have a question, the PS3 has a quad core cell processor right? If any emulation of this console ever happens, will it have to also emulate the processor, or could you somehow link it to your own if you have one? Hardly anyone has a PC with quad cores right now, so I would imagine it would be around 2015 until an emulator is even attempted.
    I think it would be even longer than that. Consoles are becoming more complicate so the length of time it takes for someone to create an emulator becomes longer for each new generation of consoles that are released.

And i think the ps3 has a 7 core processor so ideally the emulator would also need to be writen for a processor with atleast 7 cores.

7 cores I just played motorstorm, and it doesnt seem like its THAT powerful, but with 7 cores, that would go well past 2020, just the thought of technology at that time makes me want to dream about it. But yea, that would take millions of lines of code to write, there would have to be huge teams if there are going to ever be PS3 emulators.

Does an 80-core processor sound sweet?

Woah, they said they will try to make it a product within 5 years, but still. PS3 could be run a few times its normal fps with that thing. Thanks for sharing anyways.

Indeed, but it'll be hella fast. Think about THz:

1 THz = 1,024 GHz, compared to the 3.6 GHz you can get. Well, at least that's what I think, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by TchuBacha View Post
    I think it would be even longer than that. Consoles are becoming more complicate so the length of time it takes for someone to create an emulator becomes longer for each new generation of consoles that are released.

And i think the ps3 has a 7 core processor so ideally the emulator would also need to be writen for a processor with atleast 7 cores.
    That is very true, even though the wii is not all that powerful it would be intresting how the controls would be emulated one day for that system.....hmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by xplics View Post
    That is very true, even though the wii is not all that powerful it would be intresting how the controls would be emulated one day for that system.....hmmm....
    I don't think there's another option than to connect a Wiimote to your PC. It can already be done.

Processor speed is going to depend more on architecture in the near future than brute force.. While I'm sure eventually we will get up into Tera Hertz, I don't think it's gonna be anytime soon within the next 10 years. Clock speed is nice for brute force and all, but that is only going to help so much in the long run I think. I think more emphasis will be put on improving efficiencies in communications pathways and working on various pathways/instructions etc to make they themselves complete more per cycle as opposed to raw cycles per second. We're already seeing this with multi-core processors and CPU's with onboard RAM controllers ala AMD 64, etc.

Smile Re: PS3 Emulator

Hello ! Here is my Prophecy, the PS3 emulator will appear in all of the emulator sites soon , if someone can Pray the Christian Miracle Prayer and Pray that PS3 emulator appears soon , then his prayer will answered and PS3 emulator will appears in every Emulator sites.

Thread Information