Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VBA Saved Game -> VBA Link?

Default Re: VBA Saved Game -> VBA Link?

From what I know about VBA and the VBA link the only thing you can do is start your game over, but play on the VBA that game with the link zip you downloaded (i mean already owned ofcourse ;]) But anyways, if you play from there you will have no problems. The VBA, and the VBAlink are just not compatible (I assume its because one is an older version.)

The New Kid

LOL, you guys are lucky I chanced upon this thread when I was having the same problem.

I'll show you how to do it in the next reply......

EDIT: HOPE IT'S STILL USEFUL AFTER 7 MONTHS!! ROFLOLMAO!!!! =D
    Last edited by Cheejyg; November 26th, 2010 at 13:22.

The New Kid

First, what you want to do is start up VirtualBoyAdvanced.exe (VBA)
    Secondly, open [File -> Open] OR [Ctrl + O] the game (.gba/.gbc/.zip) you want to export to VirtualBoyAdvancedLink (VBALink)
    Third, load [File -> Load...] OR [Ctrl + L] OR [File -> Load Game -> *] OR [F1] your savedata/savegame/savefile/data for the game.
    Then, what you want to do is SAVE it again but wait, if you're using the [Shift + F*] OR [File -> Save...] OR [File -> Save Game -> *] initially to save/load your game (which is the .sgm file), DON'T.

This time what you want is to save within the game itself (e.g. Pok?mon [*Start* - > *Save*])

After you've saved your game, what you want to do is export [File -> Export -> Battery File...] the battery file (which would be a .sav file)

Then, you can go ahead and run VBALink
    Subsequently, Open [File -> Open] OR [Ctrl + O] the game.
    When you've opened the game, you want to import [File -> Import -> Battery File...] the previously saved battery file (.sav)

A message will appear and it reads "Importing a snapshot file will erase any saved games and reset the emulator. Do you want to continue?"
    Just click "Ok" (BTW, I'm not entirely sure that it would "erase" your savegames or not.... mine doesn't but still it's a good idea to backup your savegames (.sgm))

After you've clicked "Ok", the game will reset and you can load (NOT THE SAVEGAME .sgm file) the game in the new emulator by using the "continue" option in the game itself.

NOTE: If you cannot save a game in the game itself then probably you can't export it to the new VBALink

good Cheejyg..i just have an account to say thank you...god bless you...Thanks from Turkey

How come I can't save within the game? (Pokemon Fire Red).

I just started a game of Fire Red on the original VBA (no link), I don't mind starting a new game using VBA-Link, so I did. Problem is, I can't save within the game itself, and it sounds like you need to be able to do that in order to use the link feature. Everytime I load Pokemon Fire Red, it acts as if its never loaded before, it automatically starts a new game. It also says at the start "M-1 circuit board is diabled", when I try to save within the game, it says "save error: please exchange the backup memory"

To quote Jerry Seinfeld, 'what's the deal!?!"

The New Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix58 View Post
    good Cheejyg..i just have an account to say thank you...god bless you...Thanks from Turkey
    Haha, you're welcome! (from Singapore) xD

Quote Originally Posted by TONYbuckets View Post
    How come I can't save within the game? (Pokemon Fire Red).

I just started a game of Fire Red on the original VBA (no link), I don't mind starting a new game using VBA-Link, so I did. Problem is, I can't save within the game itself, and it sounds like you need to be able to do that in order to use the link feature. Everytime I load Pokemon Fire Red, it acts as if its never loaded before, it automatically starts a new game. It also says at the start "M-1 circuit board is diabled", when I try to save within the game, it says "save error: please exchange the backup memory"

To quote Jerry Seinfeld, 'what's the deal!?!"
    I think you have a "bugged" ROM..

Forum Newbie

Cheejyg thanks for the effort of trying to help us!!! ♥ But...

I STILL CAN'T DO IT!!! $0

I did everything everyone told us to do. I even downloaded 4 different ROMs because you said that if you couldn't save the game into the game file it's probably because your ROM is bugged.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

thanks Cheejyg, I understand all the importing and exporting stuff, but when I go onto VBA link, a notice comes up in the game that " the save file is corrupted. The previous save file will be loaded." Can anyone help out with this issue? It's rather frustrating.

Cool Re: VBA Saved Game -> VBA Link?

Okay I figured it out. But this is a little different.

Open game in VBA and load your save file.
    File ----> Open Rom
    File ----> Load Game or F1
    Then go to Options ---> Emulator-----> Save Type-----> Make sure it's on Flash 128k
    Then save it like on a regular GBA in the game. Start----> Save-----> Yes. Done
    Go to File------> Export----> Battery. Now just save it. Now go to where it's saved. It should be the one with .SAV in capital letters. Now you want to rename it. For example------> My Pokemon saved battery is called NaranjaEnglishB2.SAV (A hack called Pokemon Orange, but the name is in Spanish). So you would rename it like this NaranjaEnglishB2.sa1. Doesn't matter if it's capitalized or not.
    Now open VBA Link-----> File-----> Open-----> NaranjaEnglishB2.rom
    Then go to File---------> Import--------> Battery-----> NaranjaEnglishB2.sa1
    Importing a Snapshot file will erase any saved games and reset the emulator. Do you want to continue?------------> Yes
    Then wait for it to get to the Continue/Start New Game/Options Screen. And there should be a continue. Click Continue and now you can save.
    Shift F1.

If you followed it like that you should have no problem. If you have any questions message me or reply. Peace from the East.
    Also if this doesn't work for you then it might be because it's the latest from the vba link website. The one with with both wifi/lan, cause that's how I had to do it for it to work.
    Now if only I can get the stupid linking system to work. I can never trade. It keeps going to errors. Screw it I'll just go back to regular VBA.
    Last edited by Animeman1000; October 10th, 2011 at 06:13. Reason: Add info

Quote Originally Posted by Animeman1000 View Post
    Okay I figured it out. But this is a little different.

Open game in VBA and load your save file.
    File ----> Open Rom, etc......
    I figured out the trading. It's finally working for me.

Thread Information