Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VBA Saved Game -> VBA Link?

Default VBA Saved Game -> VBA Link?

I downloaded the original VBA (along with a ROM) and started playing quite far into the game. My friend only just told me about VBA Link and I don't really feel like starting from the beginning with my ROM. I've already tried loading the save using VBA Link but the screen just goes purple and freezes. Is there some other way I can transfer my saved game from VBA to VBA Link?

Lifeless pain...

Default Re: VBA Saved Game -> VBA Link?

Try changing the type to .sa1. What game are you trying to run?

It will only let me save as .sgm if that's what you meant. I'm trying to run Pokemon Emerald.
    Last edited by Delirious; September 3rd, 2006 at 23:44. Reason: Correcting

Lifeless pain...

Ok say for example your save file looks like this

Pokemon_Emerald.sgm <that is your save file.

Right click on it and select rename and change it to...

Pokemon_Emerald.sg1

your using save states and not save games.

Alright, I tried that but it still doesn't work. Here's what happens as soon as I load the save. I'll just post the link because the picture itself is quite big!

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6149/emeraldab0.png
    Last edited by Delirious; September 4th, 2006 at 02:13. Reason: Correcting (again)

Lifeless pain...

I dont know what to tell ya the VBA Link is totally garbage... The only time i use it is to trade pokemon then i continue playing on the VBA. Sorry.

EDITED:: I will test it and play around with it in a little while to see if i can get it working and ill let you know. You may also try using an older version of the VBA Link. Alot of users have found that to work.
    Last edited by DudeJustDoIT; September 4th, 2006 at 00:01. Reason: Meh.. Added stuff

Lifeless pain...

Ok in the VBA Link did you change the save type to EEPROM and Flash 128k?? if not you need to click....

Options>>Emulator>>Save Type

And select EEPROM and then select Flash 128k below that.

I really appreciate your help but for some reason it still refuses to load. I even tried saving the file again using those setting but nothing changed. Could it be something to do with the 'this save file is corrupt...' message at the beginning of the game?

Edit: I have it working now. Let me know if you're interested in finding out how I did it!
    Last edited by Delirious; September 4th, 2006 at 21:31. Reason: Adding

Hey, I have the same problem.
    When I try to open a save (Pokemon Ruby :P) in VBA link from original VBA it wont even show the continue option...
    So yes, please I am VERY MUCH interested in aquiring the knowledge of how you did it.
    Begging, PLEASE, reply as soon as possible!!!
    thnx, in advance...

I am having an identical issue, except with FireRed. I'm using save states and as far as I can tell have set everything up correctly but still get the problem. I've sent a PM to the OP but I was wondering if anyone else also knows a solution?

I would use an ingame save but I haven't been able to find an IPS patch that works.

Thread Information