Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VBA "Speed Up" too fast, please help.

Default VBA "Speed Up" too fast, please help.

I have spent countless hours trying to solve this problem, and all searches and forum threads I have read seem to only address the issue of the VBA running fast for it's "normal speed". My normal speed is 100%, but when I press SPACEBAR, the game lunges up to 1000% (it goes higher when I try and tinker with options), but that is insanely fast. I think the old emulator I used to use (can't remember the name) maxed the speed up feature at around 200% and that is what I am looking for. Do any of you know how to fix this problem with the VBA or know of an emulator that works this way? I would prefer to stick with the VBA if it's possible. Thanks.

Jewnior

Default Re: VBA "Speed Up" too fast, please help.

I dont know what your talking about by 1000%, I use VBA and my speed up is maxed at 200%. Have you tried taking VBA off your pc, and putting it back on?

I get around 1000-2000... maybe its the speed of your pc?

That could also be a possiblity.

He means the turbo, when you hit space bar, you can speed the game up. I have the same issue, It boosts me way up to 2000% which is impractical. I too remember being able to bring that down to a reasonable % but there is no option now....

Yeah, same problem here. when i press Speed button speed goes up to 4000%

does anyone knows how to slow this down? 400-700% would be perfect

Your best bet if you can't change its speed is use Cheat Engine. Choose the VBA process and press "Enable SpeedHack" Then put it at the speed you want it. Or you can try changing the Framerate.

Well, I had this issue as well, and realized it started when I muted my volume and turned the sound off. So, if speedhack doesn't work and your sound is off, try re-enabling the sound, because that takes about as much processor speed as graphics I would assume, causing the huge jump in speed. Hope this helps.

Yeah I have this same problem. The Turbo button makes the game speed up to 4000% - 5000%. I love the turbo function, but this is just impractical. It's just too fast..
    Any way to slow down the turbo settings?

I have a solution to this Problem, the only down side is that it sets the game to the constant speed, when playing go into the "Options" tab, "Frame Skip" then "Throttle", Click Other and enter a speed you want to run it at, i go with about 500%, but as i said this isn't for the turbo its just runs the game at a constant speed of the specified Percent.
    Hope this helped

Thread Information