Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found a 3DS Emulator.. Is it real?

Post Found a 3DS Emulator.. Is it real?

Hi guys

I'm new in here.. I Decided to start with this topic.

I found a 3DS emulator in some website and saw a video about it in youtube which seemed that the 3DS emulator was in fact real.

i just want you guys to see if it's real.

the website is: 3dsemulator.org

And another question if i may:

If the emulator is real, where can i download games for it?

Appreciate your view of the topic

Blog Entries

Default Re: Found a 3DS Emulator.. Is it real?

No it is not real.The website may seem to be professionally done.But that's the catch.They're doing it so that it looks professional,so that they can gain trust from internet users.So that they would download the (Fake) emulator.
    This website bears resemblance with other fake emulator websites.Like the ones with a fake Xbox360 and PS3 emu.Even the (fake) emulator bears resemblance to other (fake) emulators.They literally just changed the (Fake) emu logo in the emulator UI.
    So don't download anything from that website.Understood?
    Reason why you shouldn't download the emulator:
    The executable file of the fake emulator is certainly a virus.Probably a backdoor trojan agent,or a keylogger,or a worm.So don't download it.
    Also can a moderator please remove the link in his post.Thank you.
    Last edited by testmachine; November 15th, 2012 at 12:12.
    Download The DuoS Emu on this site
    DS DuoS emulator website

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XCaiusX View Post
    If the emulator is real, where can i download games for it?
    Oh and please don't ask us for Roms.Providing links for illegal material is against our Forum Rules.
    DS DuoS emulator website

3DS Emulator Maybe Fake
    Cuz when You Download It
    Maybe There's A Vuirs
    And
    Do Not Ask Us For Any Roms
    Remember
    If There's An Emulator And No Roms To Download
    It's A Fake Emulator

Piatra Neamt (Neamt stone in english), Romania
    Blog Entries

AND the pictures are fake because there is no thing such as taskbar.
    PC Fan!

A few question here.
    1.) how do you know that it contains virus? Is it verified that it contains one?
    2.) which comes out first? a rom or an emulator? or do they comes out at the same time?
    3.) @CalinCool why is it fake if it doesn't have a taskbar? you can always stop "explorer.exe"'s process and it will be gone, and the same can happen if you choose to put the taskbar under other windows, or put it to auto-hide mode

Sorry if this might be reviving something that should be dead already, but the questions just keeps bugging me for a few days that I made an account just to ask these

Blog Entries

@StardustAR
    To answer your first and second question:
    1:A simple virus scan should do the trick
    2:That's a stupid question.I mean really stupid.The rom comes out first of course.And the emulator will (maybe) come out these years.
    But i wouldn't expect it to come soon.Because the encryption on roms isn't cracked yet,so how would we expect a emulator to come out?
    DS DuoS emulator website

[EDIT] there is a hidden file that the fake emulator does make, it redirects you to malicious sites [EDIT] srry for randomly replying but. I did download this and scanned it multiple times with multiple virus scanners (malwarebytes, avira) nothing came up (it happens when you start the emulator). its still fake if you look at the plugin list they use plugins from pcsx and other ps1 emulators. just don't download it since it's not real.
    Last edited by soratheultima; April 8th, 2013 at 03:52.

Hi Everyone,

It actually does have viruses I downloaded a similiar program without realising and had to do virus removal so avoid these sites at all costs oh yeah my variation is 3DSeMu so stay away from that site and the one mentioned.

Oh almost forget to mention when you try to start the program it doesn't so much "start" as it goes into a screen asking you to complete a survey to use it when that happened I was just like "WTF did I just download a dud?"

Regards
    Last edited by Drinkyourtea; January 4th, 2014 at 16:41.

Smile Re: Found a 3DS Emulator.. Is it real?

Sorry but..... I feel this is a valid set of questions. I also feel that there is a NEED to ask questions, otherwise this site and others like it are useless. One last thing. I think we need to remember that we all were noobs to EMU's at one point and there is no such thing as a "stupid question". If this site is only for people that know everything there is to know about emulators, I need to find another site to post on.

So to end this thread, NO it is not real and YES it has been verified.

I Will disagree with the ROM issue thou. Again, not saying anyone is wrong here nor am I a professional, but I know my way around a computer... and there are sites that let you download 3ds roms. You were able to play the roms on your 3ds using a flashcard, but nintendo took that away with an update due to serious pirating with the DS and the 3DS's leaps in online handheld play. so for now you can get cards for homebrews and such, but as for playing roms....well that isnt today.

If I have anything incorrect please let me know. I am here to learn and help, not know all. Hope this helps and my sources are below.

SOURCES:
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/status-of...g-roms.344649/
    http://www.nintendolife.com/news/201...irmware_update

Thread Information