Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: EmiX3: Playstation 3 emulator !!!!!!!!!!!!! ( FAKE )

Blog Entries

Default EmiX3: Playstation 3 emulator !!!!!!!!!!!!! ( FAKE )

This topic is about the EmiX3 aka playstation3emulator.

No, it's not real. No its not even possible to be real. If your computer is not even as powerful as a ps3, why would you expect it to emulate one? Every emulator out there is 3 times as fast as the console its self, if not more! USE YOUR HEAD!

If you want to read about it, read here:
    http://forums.emulator-zone.com/show...ighlight=EmiX3
    http://forums.emulator-zone.com/show...s3+emulator%27
    http://forums.emulator-zone.com/show...s3+emulator%27

We have received a lot of talk on this and mainly from new comers. I can't find all of the posts right now but they are there, trust me. Some of the link want you to sign up to get it and other are dead. If you want to computerize you computer and possible your personal info, go right a head. E-Z takes no responsibility in it. Further we dont want to here about this any longer. Unless you see it running first hand and can show some validity in what you have, keep it to yourself.

This ps3 emulator is nothing more then a true Trojan, and I'm not talking about a virus. These people just want to lure you in.

ADMINS: I personally feel this is needed, edit this post as you see fit, or remove it if you dont agree.
    I also strongly feel we need to implement Order 66. Ban all new registrants that bring this up on their first post.
    Last edited by ulaoulao; November 12th, 2013 at 20:17.
    Original, the only way to play.

Forums
    main page - Working controllers

Default Re: EmiX3: Playstation 3 emulator !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, why do people want to exploit the fun of emulators and use it to spread viruses? Thats just low.

Blog Entries

how could someone even think about PS3 emulation.I mean that is impossible with our pc technology today.PS3 hardware is too powerfull,especially the CPU.I think that everyone that claims seeing,having or developing the emu should be banned because it's impossible.

Blog Entries

Well we had a pole on this and it didn't show justified results to ban them. But I guess "new" guys cant really understand this? However they can read, I'd hope. Banning them for not reading stickies would warrant reamendment but for lack of understanding?

in-so I decided to start this topic.
    Last edited by ulaoulao; February 6th, 2012 at 21:19.

Forums

In terms of raw power, no, you are wrong by leaps and bounds. PS3 being more powerful than modern computers (but even not so modern) is a die-hard urban legend which has no place at least in an informed forum like this ^^'

To give out some figures, as a rough comparison, a gtx580 graphic card is rated at 1581 something Giga FLOPS for single precision floating point operations. It's not even the top of the line card anymore and you can have more than one in a system, but let's move on.
    A modern PC cpu is another 100 ish GFLOPS (best core i7 is around 120).

A ps3's cell processor is rated at 230 someting GFLOPS and its GPU (reality synthetizer) 400 something.

So, in terms of processing power a game rigged pc is 3-5 times more powerful depending on the components. Even not so new systems should be at least 2x. Not to mention total ram avaiable. Of course games coded for ps3 tend to be more optimized (hardware stays the same for every user, not the case for PCs) so its resources are better used, but the difference is still big.

The problem is emulators take code written for another platform and translate it on the fly for a system not made to run it, and this takes up enormous resources. And more importantly emulators as of today rely mostly on the CPU and can't take full advantage of GPU's (would require a complete porting of the game code). And as you can see from what I wrote above unfortunately the vast majority of power resides in GPUs.
    Last edited by ghibly79; February 8th, 2012 at 22:06.

Another problem I forgot to add is that ps3 is particularly hard to program, very developer unfriendly, so this probably adds some more difficulty to emulation attempts. (rumors says they made it so complex for this very reason).

Blog Entries

The tread was not meant to be in information thread. Its meant to attract the less fortunate people that dont understand things from a technical aspect. Do you really think someone that cant understand there will be no ps3 emulator anytime soon really cares or knows what a Giga FLOP is? Chances are they will think its a dinosaur.

Forums

I understand that. But treat those as bare numbers, regardless of measurment unity. 1700 to 3000+ apples in total vs 630ish apples, is still way more xD The base concept is the same: todays PC are way more powerful than 5 years old ps3 hardware (the opposite would be surprising actually). But emulation is like talking fluently telling the words backward: hard even if you are intelligent

[EDIT] edited my posts cause I forgot to account for ps3 GPU.... the conclusions are the same but numbers where different, corrected.
    Last edited by ghibly79; February 8th, 2012 at 22:09.

Blog Entries

Your point is understood but better applied to a thread positing not a sticky to prevent the annoying "whaaaa, I want a ps3 emulator". So unless you plan to wrinte one, or have one to show, please create a new thread for discussing technical matters.

Forums

We should make them clear that we DON'T allow external links to emulators that are uploaded on file sharing sites. Emulator downloads must be referenced from here or the emulator's official site with the exception of emulators that are proven fake such as EmiX3 (a simple Google search will tell you).

Thread Information