Thread: Epsxe on Windows 7 64 bit

Default Epsxe on Windows 7 64 bit

Hi,

I followed the steps outlined in the sticky for Epsxe but I still can't run it on my laptop. Is there some special steps that I need to run or some other requirements for Windows 7 or 64 bit?

Thanks!

Default Re: Epsxe on Windows 7 64 bit

If I remember right, 64bit Windows 7 should be able to run 32bit programs. so, basically, it should be none the more difficult to set up.

This is the error that I'm getting whenever I try to open epsxe:

you can close this thread. I've downloaded a complete package and was able to run a game. thanks!

I keep getting the texture-render and shader error messages. I'm currently using Pete's OGL2 and I have both OGL and D3D downloaded but it won't let me switch to those in the configuration.

ePSXe runs perfect in Windows 7 64-bit for me. Better than the original Playstation.

I too am having difficulty with epsxe and would really appreciate help. I'm running Windows 7 and get the error response 0xc000007b when I try running the emulator. Internet searches aren't really helping since emulator tutorials seem to assume that I can at least interface with the gui but I'm not even getting that far. Dying to play ff8 so if you can help me out thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by myothercarisboston View Post
    I too am having difficulty with epsxe and would really appreciate help. I'm running Windows 7 and get the error response 0xc000007b when I try running the emulator. Internet searches aren't really helping since emulator tutorials seem to assume that I can at least interface with the gui but I'm not even getting that far. Dying to play ff8 so if you can help me out thanks!!
    I presume you have the exact same error message as ShadowoftheDarkgod. PM him and ask him what he did.

Could have something to do with your video card drivers. Updating to the latest may help.

Games look at least twice as good on ePSXe as they did the original, so you need to get this running ASAP.

There are also custom shaders for FF, give the screen a certain glow.
    Last edited by Master_OrHan; April 2nd, 2011 at 08:26.

I still can't run it on my laptop. Is there some special steps that I need to run or some other requirements for Windows 7 or 64 bit?

I googled this same problem here you go.

Plugin:
    Pete's OpenGL Driver 1.77
    Settings:

Sorry I didn't look for the actual settings I found...actually I decided to look for it and this is where I got it from. How to get a ePSXe working on windows 7?
    Last edited by Lukong; April 13th, 2011 at 04:24.
    Do you flash or EMULATE?
    I could help with DS, PS2, etc Emulators and a Link for updating Flashcards.
    Some Good Advice: Happy is the person who gets knowledge and understands what they know. Proverbs 3:13
    Laptop Specs
    Microsoft Windows XP Home 32-bit SP3 | Intel Pentium M CPU 2.00GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5650 128MB | Patriot 166Mhz PC2700 DDR 1.0GB RAM

Thread Information