Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best PS2 emulator?

Smile What is the best PS2 emulator?

I have been looking through and trying PS2 emulators lately and I was wondering if there was a PS2 emulator that could do all of these things.

-Memory Card Emulation
    -USB Emulation
    -Graphics + Sound (I am aware that PS2 emulator graphics requires powerful PC)
    -Full Screen Mode

I have tried PCSX2 but I can't get the virtual Memory Card to work. I am using this console purely for experimental purposes as i'd love to be able to enjoy all the PS2 games on my PC (And there are so many good ones)

Abusus non tollit usum FatTrucker's Avatar

Default Re: What is the best PS2 emulator?

PCSX2 is the only PS2 emulator that currently does everything you want and gives playable results on a reasonable number (but not all) of games.

PCSX2. Period.

oh =P. thanks

if you can you'd be much better off with a modded PS2 to play "backups" many games may work but the hassle of changing your emulation settings for every game you play and knowing what settings need to be changed. emulation is only really worth it if you have a beefy computer, and know just what your doing, not for a dabbler.
    <signature removed>

Blog Entries

emulation is only really worth it if you have a beefy computer, and know just what your doing, not for a dabbler.
    and for those that just like emulation. Why does it always have to be about play games for free?
    Original, the only way to play.

Forums
    main page - Working controllers

I know how to get the best emulator, but I don't think I can post it or the links

Quote Originally Posted by ulaoulao View Post
    and for those that just like emulation. Why does it always have to be about play games for free?
    Dude who ever you quoted is a Newbie Emulation User [NEU] cause I now people who got some fine computer compared to mines and yet I can play PCSX2 just fine also its the fact that people don't Google the next PCSX2 emulator(I type in PCSX2 0.9.7 and that's how I found it and same with NO$GBA 2.6a]

My Computer Specs
    MS Windows XP Professional SP3
    Intel Pentium M processor 2.00GHz
    2.0 RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5650

Seriously I would Love to tell people, I even made a Tutorial cause people at this other site kept asking about PS2 emulators.

I'm so good at using emulators that I post a list of games I played and like for a joke and made up terms, but I'm a newieee big time when it comes flash cards[I can't afford a DS].
    6] SEU - Starter Emulation User: Needs to be taught how to use emulators and decompressing roms.

5] NEU - Newbie Emulation User: Has a lot of simple problems with emulators[Reinsert Cartridge]. Doesn't try to understand or think or even play around with settings.

4] IEU - Intermediate Emulation User: Has advance problems with emulators[Freezing]. Follows Tutorials.

3] AEU - Adept Emulation User: Has very Few problems with emulators[Anti-Piracy]. Plays with settings and knows what settings can do. Thinks outside the box.

2] MEU - Master Emulation User: Has no problems with using emulators. Can hack roms[Patch]. Knows the terms of emulators and its functions.

1] COE - Creator Of Emulation: Has created an emulator, plugins and etc[Need I say more]. Possibly hack roms and can do all and anything with emulators.
    Last edited by Lukong; June 1st, 2010 at 04:13.

Blog Entries

I'm so good at using emulators that I post a list of games I played and like for a joke and made up terms, but I'm a newieee big time when it comes flash cards[I can't afford a DS].
    - So people actually pride them self's of this ? It's an application, not rocket science, reading the docs is all you need to do. It is of no surprise if someone can use an emulator, it is the ones that can't figure it out that is surprising. This reminds me of a user named RockmanForte we had once before.
    Last edited by ulaoulao; June 1st, 2010 at 13:46.
    Original, the only way to play.

Forums
    main page - Working controllers

Quote Originally Posted by Lukong View Post
    6] SEU - Starter Emulation User: Needs to be taught how to use emulators and decompressing roms.

5] NEU - Newbie Emulation User: Has a lot of simple problems with emulators[Reinsert Cartridge]. Doesn't try to understand or think or even play around with settings.

4] IEU - Intermediate Emulation User: Has advance problems with emulators[Freezing]. Follows Tutorials.

3] AEU - Adept Emulation User: Has very Few problems with emulators[Anti-Piracy]. Plays with settings and knows what settings can do. Thinks outside the box.

2] MEU - Master Emulation User: Has no problems with using emulators. Can hack roms[Patch]. Knows the terms of emulators and its functions.

1] COE - Creator Of Emulation: Has created an emulator, plugins and etc[Need I say more]. Possibly hack roms and can do all and anything with emulators.
    YAY! I'm a AEU! ^_^

Thread Information