Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon FireRed

ok, i have Visual Boy Advance, and everything is up and running, BUT, when i go and save (i save it in the file menu where it says "Save", kinda obvious, and i save it by pressing SHIFT + F1 [to save it in a slot, to reopen it later]), the save file is saved as a .SGM, and the Slot isn't there anymore (i even checked it had "written" the slot after i pressed SHIFT + F1, and it was there), i open up VBA, and then i go to recent, nothing there, i go to Load, nothing there either, i try and Drag my saved file (Name.SGM) into VBA, and a message pops up saying it doesn't support that file.
    My question is, how do i save my game properally? (either making it a .GBA file so VBA reads it, or keeping it in the load slot, or some other way, i need help-- it's really fustrating).

Thanks guys!
    (BTW, this is my first ROM experience, so, u may need to explain some stuff, just lettin u know)

Blog Entries

Have you configured the folders? Go to Options > Emulator > Directories and set everything up.

maybe you should just press enter (or something) to bring up the menu in the game and save it there.

the SHIFT+F1 thing you're using is a savestate, and there are problems with savestates (I don't use them very often)

You might need to make an battery file from the export for save to work, i just reread your message and will ask, have you tried pressing f1 because, you won't find slot saves in load.

ive the same problem with pokemon firered. I want to catch all the other pokemon when ive beaten the elite4 and my rival but i cant because i return to my last asve game. If i start a new game and i want to save with enter/save then i get a save error: please change the backup memory..... can somebody give me a patch or a link to the newest virtual gba so i cant catch all the pokemon

If you got it in an zip, there might be an patch file, look in the stickey topic one page behind of who to get it work, although you might have to restart your game toadly like i did

Chaos do youve played firered on a virtual gameboy advance 2? if you did that and you can continue after beating indigo plateau can you send a link where you download your virtual gba and your firered cuz ive played the whole game 3times now but still cant continue:s

Originally posted by destinylord@Nov 27 2004, 07:20 PM
    Chaos do youve played firered on a virtual gameboy advance 2? if you did that and you can continue after beating indigo plateau can you send a link where you download your virtual gba and your firered cuz ive played the whole game 3times now but still cant continue:s
    Speak English!

i will talk english Chaos do you've played firered on a virtual gameboy advance to? can you continue with the game after you beat the elite four"? i can't. I have to save in the start menu but when i press save they said: save error, replace the backup memory. Maybe i need a newer Virtual gba edition so i want to know which virtual gba you have and where you've downlaod it.

You must patch it with the fix that is on the same zipfile as the rom.
    If you don't have it here it is.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information