Thread: epsxe play BIN files?

Default epsxe play BIN files?

Okay so today i ran into some Playstation ROM's that are in BIN file format. I have never enountered this before. I have come across Eboot files which you just convert to ISO. What can i do to get these types of files to work?
    Last edited by JoshM22; October 17th, 2008 at 23:20.
    'this machine will not communicate, these thoughts and the strain I am under' - Thom Yorke, Street Spirit 1995.

Default Re: epsxe play BIN files?

For example you can mount it to a virtual CD drive and then runt it in ePSXe. Daemon Tools is a popular virtual CD/DVD program. Or you can use a program converting from Bin to ISO.
    My personal choice is Daemon tools for all my PSX-games.

I converted the BIN file to a Eboot file using Popstation. Then converted the Eboot file to an ISO. For some reason the ISO file still will not work with ESPXE. I will try to mount the ISO using Virtual Clone. Lately i have not been able to actually mount files with Virtual Clone.

EDIT:
    Mounted the converted ISO file using Daemon Tools. ISO file is still not working.
    Last edited by JoshM22; October 18th, 2008 at 03:30.
    'this machine will not communicate, these thoughts and the strain I am under' - Thom Yorke, Street Spirit 1995.

Banned

Just try running the .bin file with the "Run ISO" option. That's how I get my .bins to work.

Tried that too Mystic. Still no luck. I guess i will just purchase the actual game disc. Thanks to all that tried to help.

Josh, I've got one cd called Civilization 2, I used Magic ISO to convert to bin, and saved to my HDD. I didn't do no special setup and .bin works on mine.
    HP Pavilion dv2700 Notebook
    AMD Turion 64x2 TL-58 1.9Ghz
    1,983 MB Memory Ram
    NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M graphics, up to799 MB shared

Quote Originally Posted by JoshM22 View Post
    Tried that too Mystic. Still no luck. I guess i will just purchase the actual game disc. Thanks to all that tried to help.
    Well, it can't be all good to convert between formats too much. I mean from bin to eboot to ISO etc.
    But have you considered that the downloaded file came down corrupt? You could try to get it again?

Quote Originally Posted by retroguiden View Post
    Well, it can't be all good to convert between formats too much. I mean from bin to eboot to ISO etc.
    But have you considered that the downloaded file came down corrupt? You could try to get it again?
    The file being corrupt is a possibility. I will just download the file again and convert it from BIN. to ISO in one swoop.

Abusus non tollit usum FatTrucker's Avatar

I use bins directly with ePSXe using the play ISO option too, so if the image is good a bin should work ok without conversion.

My guess is the BIN file was corrupt or just a bad download. I gave up on it for now. Have better things to download than ROM's for now. Not trying to be rude when i say that. I will re-download the file at a later time and report back here. Thanks for the advice you guys.

Thread Information