Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NO$GBA problems

Default NO$GBA problems

I know this problem was mentioned before but from what he posted i was unable to figure it out, Go easy on me, i'm new at this, (Just started yesterday)

Q: I got the rom image has crashed, what did I do wrong?

A: Nothing is wrong with you. No$GBA works only with encrypted roms, because the nds roms has already been decrypted. There are two tools to your chosen. One is called eNDryptS Advanced which can be found at: http://www.gbadat.altervista.org/tools.htm or another one is called NDSTOOL and you can use dslazy gui with NDSTOOL for windows user and can be found at: http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/Ndstool. The either way will changed your nds roms to encrypted without a problem.
    I'm have that exact problem however i couldn't figure it out..

Default Re: NO$GBA problems

Quote Originally Posted by Branght View Post
    I know this problem was mentioned before but from what he posted i was unable to figure it out, Go easy on me, i'm new at this, (Just started yesterday)

I'm have that exact problem however i couldn't figure it out..
    if you've put the encrypter inside the map of no$gba and it still doesn't work it may be that you have an corrupted rom -but you don't have that because we are against roms- and if so you can't do anything -except for downloading a new one but we are very against it- but i am not shure if your rom image crashed it's because the encrypter doesn't work. encrypter's are for the message : your save is corrupted, enter the cartridge and try again.

Quote Originally Posted by THANAMELESS View Post
    if you've put the encrypter inside the map of no$gba and it still doesn't work it may be that you have an corrupted rom -but you don't have that because we are against roms- and if so you can't do anything -except for downloading a new one but we are very against it- but i am not shure if your rom image crashed it's because the encrypter doesn't work. encrypter's are for the message : your save is corrupted, enter the cartridge and try again.
    First of all, *We* are not against roms in general. I know I'm certainly not. But there are often copyright issues involved so forums like these don't want to publish roms or even links to them to avoid any legal hassle.

Second, I haven't tried DS emulation yet so I'm not totally sure how this decrypt/encrypt works but it seems to me you've gotten it all wrong in thinking that you just have to put the encrypter inside the no$gba-folder, and it will work automatically. I found this quote on another website:

"You need to run your "clean rom" through this tool should you want to play it on the emulator known as no$gba."

As I said, I haven't tried DS yet, but the quote suggests to me that the encrypt-program has to be run and process the game rom before you run it in the emulator. (Or am I totally wrong about this? I don't have the time to download everything right now to test this theory).

So my question to Branght would be: What part of the process haven't you figured out? What steps have you taken and where did you lose track of what to do?
    Last edited by retroguiden; October 2nd, 2008 at 23:30.

Quote Originally Posted by retroguiden View Post
    First of all, *We* are not against roms in general. I know I'm certainly not. But there are often copyright issues involved so forums like these don't want to publish roms or even links to them to avoid any legal hassle.

Second, I haven't tried DS emulation yet so I'm not totally sure how this decrypt/encrypt works but it seems to me you've gotten it all wrong in thinking that you just have to put the encrypter inside the no$gba-folder, and it will work automatically. I found this quote on another website:

"You need to run your "clean rom" through this tool should you want to play it on the emulator known as no$gba."

As I said, I haven't tried DS yet, but the quote suggests to me that the encrypt-program has to be run and process the game rom before you run it in the emulator. (Or am I totally wrong about this? I don't have the time to download everything right now to test this theory).

So my question to Branght would be: What part of the process haven't you figured out? What steps have you taken and where did you lose track of what to do?
    at first about the rom thing your right but i mean this site is *cough cough* against roms because its against the law . i don't mean i or anybody thinks downloading roms is bad...{btw if it's a real rom it is always a copyright issue because a rom is a reading only file so legal roms aren't reading only..} as far i know it worked when i just putted into the map of no$gba but i don't remember as it is a long time ago. i would just to ensure it works, put the encrypter in the folder, then play it -as far as you can play it ofcourse- and then run the game. it should work now

Look w/e the problem is it is probably directly related to the program. I have been hearing many problems related to No$GBA so you have got to use another program. What I Find that works the best is VBA so why not try that .
    Trust me I googled it

vba is only for gba games, and not for ds. also this problem is actually related to the program because the program is already encrypted and the roms aren't(i thought.) but it easy to be solved (although you with most games won't be able to load stuff) but yeah if you are only playing gba you could try vba -visualboyadvance- or you also could try DeSmuME. by some people seen as the best emulator, i have some expierience with it and i prefer no$gba

Quote Originally Posted by THANAMELESS View Post
    vba is only for gba games, and not for ds. also this problem is actually related to the program because the program is already encrypted and the roms aren't(i thought.) but it easy to be solved (although you with most games won't be able to load stuff) but yeah if you are only playing gba you could try vba -visualboyadvance- or you also could try DeSmuME. by some people seen as the best emulator, i have some expierience with it and i prefer no$gba
    Actually I have problems with many DS emulators. I don't know if it is just my computer or bad programming but many DS emulators including No$GBA just don't work to well. But anyway if you are just trying to play GBA games then VBA since like an exceptional choice.
    Trust me I googled it

Quote Originally Posted by XeroForever View Post
    Actually I have problems with many DS emulators. I don't know if it is just my computer or bad programming but many DS emulators including No$GBA just don't work to well. But anyway if you are just trying to play GBA games then VBA since like an exceptional choice.
    i agree. ds emu's have many problems, and not all are easy to solve -like the saving problem- but if you really want to try a game you could use it... but then again play your gba games on vba, an easy simple but good working emu.

Quote Originally Posted by XeroForever View Post
    I don't know if it is just my computer or bad programming but many DS emulators including No$GBA just don't work to well.
    It's not bad programming. It's just that NDS-emulators haven't been in development long enough. Give it some time.

Quote Originally Posted by retroguiden View Post
    It's not bad programming. It's just that NDS-emulators haven't been in development long enough. Give it some time.
    i fully agree. in a few years proberly ds emulating will be as easy as gba

Thread Information