PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY A GUIDE TO EASILY BURN SATURN ISOS

leon_belmont
October 18th, 2005, 23:32
After a long search in the net i found this guide out.

HOPE THIS WILL HELP CREATING YOUR OWN GAMES TO PLAY IN SATURN.
THIS IS THE GUIDE

On this screens I have used Nero 6, but you may also use another softwares like Alcohol 120% or the freeware CDBurnerXP Pro (you can found here)
For the Nero 5.5 version it's the same thing than the 6 version, but you have to go in the files menu instead of the save menu

You choose the .cue file

You don't choose Track at once but Disk at once
and you burn to a reasonable speed like x16 or x24

OH SHIT I CAN'T LOAD THE IMAGES CAUSE I CAN'T POST ATTACHMENTS,HEY PEOPLE PLEASE LET ME POST ATTACHMENTS JUST FOR THIS POST .

IT'S CRITICAL PLEASE ADMINISTRATORS ONLY THIS POST.

I hope tomorrow i can post with pictures demonstrating the whole thing.

montpics
October 19th, 2005, 13:49
Funny, you can upload it on Photobucket or elsewhere and then try to link it. Just what I did below signature. :)

leon_belmont
October 19th, 2005, 14:39
I remember that i used something like that a long time ago in this forum when i was having problems with my CASTLEVANIA LEGACY OF DARKNESS IN N64,anyway i 've already forgot it at this time.

Could you tell me a step by step explanation of this PHOTOBUCKET?

It's my first time that i hear about it .

Many thanks in advance.

Well then everybody can create his own games or play them in the emulators in this form.

I WISH I COULD POST A HTML LINK BUT I CAN'T CAUSE THE SITE ALSO CONTAINS A LOT OF GOODIES :)

montpics
October 19th, 2005, 14:49
You can find some site selection where you want to upload from here.

>CLICK HERE!< (http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=4336)

Some of the sites need registration and some is not required at all. After you've done uploading the images to the web, try to link it as

Insert address where you want it to be shown in this post

Good luck trying! :)

leon_belmont
October 20th, 2005, 22:39
I Guess i will use another way,I WILL TELL YOU WITHOUT PICTURES,it's not the same thing , but i guess who really knows something about emulation and ISOS can figure it out by themself.

OKAY HERE IS MY STEP BY STEP EXPLANATION

1)Download the ISO and extract the files,in a directory (for example i will name it DARIUSGAIDEN and i will take this game as an example)

2)After you download the parts of the ISO,you run the.EXE executive file and it will ask you where to extract all the files,choose the directory you just created DARIUSGAIDEN as directory .(Don't forget to put all your parts of the ISO in the same directory)

3)There should be these files

1 TRACKNO1.ISO which in some times is replaced by the name of the game for example DARIUSGAIDEN.ISO
2 TRACKNO2 UNTIL 16 (there may be more but the game DARIUSGAIDEN has only 16.
If your trackno2 until trackno16 files are .ogg or any other file format REMEMBER TO CONVERT THEM IN .WAV FILES,for ogg files is a program named OGGDROPXP ,for others file formats search at www.bestsearch.com
3 THere should be a cue.cue file which is the most important file of the ISO.

Now after you downloaded the ISO and converted the tracks into .wav files,there should be these files

1 TRACKNO1.ISO
2 TRACKNO2.WAV
UNTIL
TRACKNO16.WAV
3 CUE.CUE
and the one you already have,the ogg files

REMEMBER PUT ALL THESE FILES IN THE SAME DIRECTORY(it's better to create a new directory and name it as you like,this is for not making this thing a whole mess, for e.x create a new directory at the directory DARIUSGAIDEN and name it for e.x DARIUSGAIDENIMAGETOBURN)
Copy the files i mention a few rows up TRACKNO1.ISO all .wav tracks and cue.cue file in this folder.DO NOT COPY ANY OGG FILES,THE ISO WON'T BURN THEN ONLY WAV TRACKS AND TRACKNO1.ISO AND CUE.CUE FILE

Okay once you 've done this this is what you should do by using NERO BURNING ROM 6

1) OPEN it and click CANCEL at the first window.
2) Go to RECORDER and under that tab choose BURN IMAGE.

3)When you browse for a file go to the directory DARIUSGAIDENIMAGETOBURN and select CUE.CUE file

4)Okay last step,at the writing method don't forget to check not track at once but DISC AT ONCE,and write the disc at the minimum possible speed.
(STRONGLY RECOMMENDED)

After you burn the file CUE.CUE you should now have a disc which the name is automatically DARIUS_GAIDEN and you should have all the files of that game which are BOSS FILES SOUND FILES and many other files which the ISO doesn't show.

I HOPE THIS WILL HELP A LITTLE AND ENCOURAGE PEOPLE AT THE SEGA FORUM which is the forum i like most cause i haven't tried still DREAMCAST AND SATURN EMULATION ,i 've tried everything else.

So people now you know how to make your own SATURN GAMES.
REMEMBER YOUR SATURN MUST HAVE A CHIP TO PLAY THIS GAMES.

THIS IS ONE OF MY GREATEST POST ANYWAY :D

montpics
October 21st, 2005, 12:48
Hmmm, will try it once I grab one of them. :)

leon_belmont
October 21st, 2005, 17:25
GRAB DARIUSGAIDEN JUST TO BE OKAY,AND SURE THAT IT WILL WORK
THAT SITE HAS IT :)

montpics
October 22nd, 2005, 12:43
I know that, but it would take a while.

Note : Please don't type in Capital Letters as it seemed you are yelling at me. :)

leon_belmont
October 22nd, 2005, 13:13
I am not the type that yells to anybody,i am very quiet person who take everything for simple,so i got it.I mean the note you typed.:)

montpics
October 23rd, 2005, 13:17
Just tried on several emulators with a game I grabbed a year ago. That's what I could find out.

SSF
Can't run, as it seemed that I don't have both SSE and SSE2 support for my PC. Too bad.

I could only use the older version to run but with no sound.

Cassini
A Giri Giri Saturn hack, managed to run but having some glitch on graphics.

Satourne
Somehow, I don't know what to do with it. Doh!

Saturnin
Good. But it ran on 8 FPS.

Unless you tell me what did you do on Satourne especially for plugins, then I will test them again. :)

leon_belmont
October 23rd, 2005, 21:28
I have a post where i am stuck with SATOURNE and no one knows how to handle it,about your question i just CHOOSE THE PLUGINS,SET THE BIOS-ES and the emulator send me some messages i don't understand like

CLOCKCHANGE320 REQUESTED?

Interesting that SATURNIN THING,so how you managed to launch it,in my PC it crashes ,and about that 8FPS thing,maybe you should try a little faster PC,even if you have a very fast,may be it goes to 16FPS,i know it's not a big achievement but it's better than 8FPS,i actually played N64 with 14fps a few months ago,and i was not happy ,but i was not bored either.

So can you tell me a step by step explanation how you've set up SATURNIN?

Many thanks in advance

Hey where to get the older version of SSF ,please a link if it's possible.

montpics
October 24th, 2005, 14:51
I have a post where i am stuck with SATOURNE and no one knows how to handle it,about your question i just CHOOSE THE PLUGINS,SET THE BIOS-ES and the emulator send me some messages i don't understand like

CLOCKCHANGE320 REQUESTED?
But before you mentioned that, I have a weird message which indicates missing file like MSVRT70.dll something like that. Can't do anything about it, even you try to select it and configure a plugin. :eek:

Interesting that SATURNIN THING,so how you managed to launch it,in my PC it crashes ,and about that 8FPS thing,maybe you should try a little faster PC,even if you have a very fast,may be it goes to 16FPS,i know it's not a big achievement but it's better than 8FPS,i actually played N64 with 14fps a few months ago,and i was not happy ,but i was not bored either.

So can you tell me a step by step explanation how you've set up SATURNIN?
Not really even you have a faster PC, it still resulted like that. Plus there is no much of a problem configuring that, at least you set the BIOS. (And there is a possibility that it needs WNASPI32.dll if I'm not mistaken.)

One more thing, there will in smaller size which can't be in FullScreen.

Hey where to get the older version of SSF ,please a link if it's possible.
You can find it from here.

>CLICK HERE!< (http://www.zophar.net/saturn.html)

Note : I found the method you mentioned about burning the disc method does not work on my emulator since it failed to detected a Saturn game, only Audio CD. :rolleyes:

Darius Gaiden? Just found out that file is been corrupted, need to grab it again......

leon_belmont
October 24th, 2005, 22:07
DARIUS GAIDEN FILES.

0 BIN FILE
BOSS_ANC BIN FILE
BOSS_CRU BIN FILE
BOSS_CUR BIN FILE
BOSS_DEA BIN FILE
BOSS_DOU BIN FILE
BOSS_ELE BIN FILE
BOSS_FAT BIN FILE
BOSS_FOL BIN FILE
BOSS_GRE BIN FILE
BOSS_HYS BIN FILE
BOSS_KIN BIN FILE
BOSS_NEO BIN FILE
BOSS_ODI BIN FILE
BOSS_OGR BIN FILE
BOSS_PRI BIN FILE
BOSS_RIS BIN FILE
BOSS_TIT BIN FILE
BOSS_VER BIN FILE
COM_DEMO BIN FILE
DEMO_PRG BIN FILE
END_DEMO BIN FILE
NBG3 BIN FILE
SOUND BIN FILE
TIT_DEMO BIN FILE
ZONEA_BG BIN FILE
ZONEA_SP BIN FILE
ZONEB_BG BIN FILE
ZONEP_SP BIN FILE
ZONEC_BG BIN FILE
ZONEC_SP BIN FILE
ZONED_BG BIN FILE
ZONED_SP BIN FILE
ZONEE_BG BIN FILE
ZONEE_SP BIN FILE
ZONEF_BG BIN FILE
ZONEF_SP BIN FILE
ZONEG_BG BIN FILE
ZONEG_SP BIN FILE
ZONEH_BG BIN FILE
ZONEH_SP BIN FILE
ZONEI_BG BIN FILE
ZONEI_SP BIN FILE
ZONEJ_BG BIN FILE
ZONEJ_SP BIN FILE
ZONEK_BG BIN FILE
ZONEK_SP BIN FILE
ZONEL_BG BIN FILE
ZONEL_SP BIN FILE
ZONEM_BG BIN FILE
ZONEM_SP BIN FILE
ZONEN_BG BIN FILE
ZONEN_SP BIN FILE
ZONEO_SP BIN FILE
ZONEP_BG BIN FILE
ZONEP_SP BIN FILE
ZONEQ_BG BIN FILE
ZONEQ_SP BIN FILE
ZONER_BG BIN FILE
ZONER_SP BIN FILE
ZONES_BG BIN FILE
ZONES_SP BIN FILE
ZONET_BG BIN FILE
ZONET_SP BIN FILE
ZONEU_SP BIN FILE
ZONEV2_BG BIN FILE
ZONEV2_SP BIN FILE
ZONEV_BG BIN FILE
ZONEV_SP BIN FILE
ZONEW_BG BIN FILE
ZONEW_SP BIN FILE
ZONEX_BG BIN FILE
ZONEX_SP BIN FILE
ZONEY_BG BIN FILE
ZONEY_SP BIN FILE
ZONEZ2_BG BIN FILE
ZONEZ2_SP BIN FILE
ZONEZ_BG BIN FILE
ZONEZ_SP BIN FILE

So these are all the files of my disc which are a total of 79 FILES and 330MB
The disc according to the files seems correct,and the name is automatically DARIUS_GAIDEN
At least my cd rom reads like this DARIUS_GAIDEN (E:)

Thanks for the link.

Though i don't know why the emu does not recognize this game,it's a bug of the emu you are using
When i burned it like the instructions i had no problem making it.At a real SATURN with a CHIP it works.
I don't know about the emus though.I haven't tried out still.

leon_belmont
October 24th, 2005, 22:13
About that dll file you miss you can get it from www.dlldump.com

You also need the winaspi32.dll for the CD ROM PLUGIN

I am talking about SATOURNE,anyway i am waiting the next version 2.0 which is being prepared to be much better than the actual version.

I don't know what to tell about the BURNING METHOD,just burn a ISO (DARIUS GAIDEN) and tell me if your files of the disc are the same of my disc.

montpics
October 25th, 2005, 15:21
Round 3 reports :
It finally works, tested on Silhoutte Mirage and the other one.

Using.....
SSF 0.06
Saturnin
Cassini

You need to change the region from Japan to Europe to make it work.

Still trying.....
Satourne (It managed to detect, but somehow something weird as it failed to play the game.)

Note : Actually, I didn't burn, only mounting for the first place. You'll never know what would happen unless you make a preparation for it. :)

leon_belmont
October 25th, 2005, 21:50
Totally my fault , i didn't tell here that the ISOS at the site i download were only for EUROPEAN SATURNS,well i am glad they work,at least this is something.Man i will get that 0.06 version and try out just now.

montpics
October 26th, 2005, 15:02
Round 4 reports (Could be final)
Still trying on Satourne (using the older version since the latest one didn't work), no matter how many times I'd try, it'll end up showing 'Loading' sign and freeze in the end. (Using ISO plugin)

I could guess that it is mainly CD plugin faulty that cause all the mess. Anyway though will wait for Satourne 2.0 since I can't use the latest version of SSF which required SSE2. :)

leon_belmont
October 29th, 2005, 23:01
I can't use even SSF older version,i got a message which from i don't understand a damn thing,my PC support MMX and SSE which the old version said my PC need.I have the BIOS,i have WINASPI32.DLL,so what the hell is wrong with my PC:mad: ??????

That really sucks man , but i will see what SATOURNE 2.0 has in serve for me.

It's a good thing that this emu ,contiues to develop,i guess at version 3 or 4 it will be a connectix with plugins,at least i hope so:)

montpics
October 30th, 2005, 13:09
Doh! You need to rename the BIOS file as boot.rom and place it in SSF folder. :)

leon_belmont
October 31st, 2005, 23:13
So how i am supposed to do that? I tried and just renamed it like this

boot.rom
.BIN file

I know that i have done it wrong,so please montpics please tell me as i don't know a damn thing about this rename
:confused:

Many thanks man

montpics
November 1st, 2005, 09:44
The easiest option is the click on 'Folder Option' and enable something that will let the extension showed on screen. :cool:

leon_belmont
November 2nd, 2005, 12:02
Well the extension is on screen.

boot.rom

BIN FILE

reads under the file,still my ssf_006 doesn't work?

Which other possible error could my PC have?

montpics
November 2nd, 2005, 14:21
Maybe I should slap myself harder this time. :eek: (OUCH!)

Show01 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/montpics/untitled1.jpg)
Let me show what those from MyDocument. (Note : This is not my PC) You will see those files are doc file right? You can't see the file extenstion after the file name is shown as it did on that pics. But how will you let the extension files shown on screen?
Show02 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/montpics/untitled.jpg)
Simple, click on Folder Option as I told you and disable what I did show to you on screen and apply.
Show03 (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/montpics/untitled2.jpg)
After that check those doc files on the same place. Notice that the file extensions is being shown after the file name? Then you can rename it what file you want.

Note : After renaming it, it is best that you enable that option again to avoid any possible problems.

Try SSF again. If it works, it will show the BIOS screen. Then try to change the region to Europe and exit it. Try it again and you're DONE! :D

leon_belmont
November 3rd, 2005, 13:29
I will try at once,i hope it works,many thanks man :)

Man i finally renamed it,wow many thanks for that,now i am at the black screen ,but is all in JAPANESE,i don't understand nothing,if you can show me how to set region to EUROPE with pictures again it would be greatly appreciated man.

MANY THANKS AGAIN

Actually is the screen with A YELLOW BALL POINTING AT A JAPANESE WORDS and there are some language ENGLISH ITALIANO ESPANYOL DEUTCHS FRANCAIS,so how can i change the region here????

I guess i just need to select any of the european languages,but can you please tell me the controls of this emu,i can only move with my arrows.

Many thanks and don't slap yourself too hard ;)

leon_belmont
November 3rd, 2005, 14:05
Hey montpics i am at the screen where you were first,you only had a MUSIC CD,this is where i am,i think its because i don't have changed the region from JAPAN to EUROPE,so please tell me how to change it,and after that i will really be done with this topic.(FINALLY AT LEAST I HOPE SO :) )

montpics
November 6th, 2005, 17:12
Here's the quick info that will stop your misery. :p

>CLICK HERE< (http://saturn.emulation64.com/emus/ssf/help/help.htm)

darkrangerred
November 7th, 2005, 09:49
So I'm reading the guide to burn Saturn ISOS.

I've gotten the Dragonball Z Shinbutoden ISO from a site and wants to try playing it with the SSF

So if I tried to apply the methods there, all I have to do is use Nero 6 and burn the image at once and converts all the music files into .wav?

Is there anyway to use Easy CD Creator for this since I don't have Nero and what would you recommend for a MP3 to.wav changing program.

Thanks in advance.

montpics
November 7th, 2005, 11:54
Use any similar programs such as AudioGrabber or dBpowerAMP. :cool:

hagbard
November 15th, 2005, 15:46
Imho there's no point to burn Saturn images unless you want to play them on the real console, I think emulate the ISOs with Daemon Tools it's way better :P

MP3 to WAV? With WinAmp for example, select the output plugin NullSoft Disk Writer, and set up the folder, format, etc. Anyway the TOC won't be correct due the imprecission of the MP3 format. Really a shame. More info the SNK/NEC TOC database (http://necstasy.emunova.net/) by Squaresoft74 (Tutorials section). It's not about Saturn but the info about TOCs and MP3 it's the same for every lossy enconded CD audio tracks

Fire1805
March 1st, 2006, 23:23
Im seeing a lot of good emulators here so i guess somone can help me out :) .
i got the WinRar file of SOTN on the net and got it on ISO :happy:
but then..............when i load it it says that the CD-rom is incompatible.:(
can someone please help me?
i did change all the options and switched it like needed but it just dont goes.
please help me
thanks in advance
Fire:D

:my_withst

hagbard
March 2nd, 2006, 10:58
Just by the case, are you sure you got the Saturn version?
You can mount the ISO with Daemon Tools, then use this virtual drive with the emulator

Fire1805
March 2nd, 2006, 23:51
Im sure its the SATURN version else it would run on my ePSXe :glare:
but can u explain about daemon tools a bit more i dont know how to use it:(
anyways thanks a lot
Fire1805 :ninja:

-=VampyR=-
March 3rd, 2006, 00:57
Daemon Tools is a program that creates virtual image drives.Download it/install/reboot.
You will have a new icon in systray.Click mouse 2 and choose mount image.Go to the folder of your image,double click and voila...you have just inserted a DVD/CD in your virtual drive.

hagbard
March 3rd, 2006, 14:12
Im sure its the SATURN version else it would run on my ePSXe :glare:
The PSX version might not run on ePSXe if it's not properly configured or there's a driver/hardware problem. If you can browse the CD image, any PSX game should have a file named SLUS/SLES/SCES/SCUS/SLPS/SPLM then some numbers

but can u explain about daemon tools a bit more i dont know how to use it:(
anyways thanks a lot
Fire1805 :ninja:
Download from the official site, install it, then use mount and browse to the CD image files

Fire1805
March 4th, 2006, 01:21
now im sure it isnt the PSX version :D

im now trying to change the bios and stuff (locations u know, EX: Japan )
and i think im not comfigurating the emulator right :wacko:
cus i downloaded Rockman X4 and it said the same thing :(
so i guess it makes this a bit more easyer to know what my problem is.
tnx again

Fire1805 :bleh:

hagbard
March 4th, 2006, 12:36
Which emulator are you trying to use? This is very important :rolleyes:

leon_belmont
October 14th, 2008, 09:49
To make things clear SOTN works great in SSF 0.10 prototype. And this version of SSF plays a lot of games. Man now i am enjoying Saturn emulation at its best. About Darius Gaiden it doesn't work still so we will have to wait.

I run across my post by searching at google how to burn a Saturn ISO.It's nice to see i already knew it although i had forgoten it.

Although you can run it without BIOS :) cannot save. You can do this in a lot of games with SSF 0.10 prototype.Now Saturn Emulation is almost 100% done.

ronando03
December 28th, 2009, 07:07
I have a large collection of of PSOne games on my PC in mostly BIN/IMG/ISO formats.
I put these on my PC so I would never have to actually take my discs, which I love & cherish, out of the cases anymore because I fear for "wear & tear".

My question is...
If I burn these games to backup Discs (CD-R), will my PS3 recognize them as playable games?

Strike011
April 24th, 2011, 06:24
I read you guide dude, and it got me pretty far (for my standards on a first try) , but I must say Im ready to pull my hair out cause I can't get a decent copy of Guardian Heroes to work!
now, It may be because of some easy and stupid thing that im not understanding, cause im a total noob to this stuff at all, I almost have no idea what anyone here is saying when they start with the .Bin and ISO lingo

like for instance:
the part where im supposed to convert the music tracks from MP3 to .WAV, sounded simple enough, and that was the most common struggle with this game everywhere I've read, but I just figure how I do that if everything is in either .Bin, .Seq, anything but MP3. I can't even tell which are the music tracks really.

also, onto something simpler I have low/no understanding in, I've opened the zipped file, put it in it's own folder, and now have an uncompressed pile of data I can't make heads or tails of, I guess I got something right the first time, cause I got the intro to play...but that was it, I gave another heartfelt 5hour shot on 2 other tries, and they failed miserably and wouldnt even play the intro.
if maybe you can put up the illustrated guide (for dummies like me) it might be easier to follow...for dummies like me, there would have to be a step by step deal cause I just don't get alot of this.

thanks in advance for reading my whining like a little girl, and if you do put up these helpful tips (again...but slower) I'd be able to get this and others without hassle...but id be glad just to get this one working.