PDA

View Full Version : Can you run (Selfboot) CDI games on DC emulators?

Aynatix
August 11th, 2005, 15:17
Can you run (Selfboot) CDI games on DC emulators?
Do I "have to" burn anything to a cd? Because I just want to play on my computer with the emulator? No cd burning bs. What is a (Selfboot) CDI?
Im new at all this.. Help me?

jv9
August 11th, 2005, 18:50
Yes you can run Selfbootable CDI games on DC emulator (Chankast).
CDI is a discjuggler file and the (Selfboot) means that it boots by itself.
It dosen't need a program to make it selfbootable.

Aynatix
August 11th, 2005, 19:46
Yes you can run Selfbootable CDI games on DC emulator (Chankast).
CDI is a discjuggler file and the (Selfboot) means that it boots by itself.
It dosen't need a program to make it selfbootable.
Do I have to burn anything? or Is it just like arcade roms where you just launch the emu and load the game and play?

305soldier
August 12th, 2005, 00:20
just use daemon tools to make a virtual drive(fake drive) then mount the image on DT and choose the DT drive letter in chanka and start it up. then it should work.

DethGate
August 28th, 2005, 16:37
Ok, I just DL'ed a Dead or Alive 2 CDI and I mounted it on Daemon tools. It lock up every time I try to load it in Chankast.

hagbard
August 28th, 2005, 23:35
Perphaps it's not selfboot, not every CDI file is: CDI only means it's a DiscJuggler format. Also the game might not be correctly emulated or it has a Echelon intro.

To run non selfboot games, you need the Dreamcast BootCD aka Utopia Boot Disc: Run it first on Chankast with the Daemon Tools virtual drive, when it loads change the emulated image for your game. Make a google or forum search to find it, and use the 1.1 version if possible

About the Echelon intro, check this thread (http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=3868&highlight=remove+echelon+intro)

Makinit
August 30th, 2005, 16:54
hi, i'm new here. here is my problems: after the xxx.cdi is charged, i open the chankast, and i push on start. then it asks me to set date (twice). so it opens the main menu. i click on play game and all this restart from the biginning. what is the problem? what should i do???

hagbard
August 30th, 2005, 22:47
1) Get the Utopia Boot Disc 1.1 and DC bios files (dc_bios.bin & dc_flash,bin), unzip both on the Chankast folder

2) Load the Utopia Boot Disc first on Daemon Tools, start Chankast and emulation, then wait until this screen appears
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v355/real_hagbard/utopiaonchankast.jpg

3) Swap the UBD with your CDI iso file, and wait some seconds. Hopefully it will work.

Makinit
September 2nd, 2005, 11:16
:happy: really thanks!! :)

Makinit
September 2nd, 2005, 16:34
uhm, sorry, but it still doesn't work :( . i got the utopia v1.2 (CDI), and those ones

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/3070/chank3kh.jpg

then, i start daemon tools with utopia, then i start the emulation but it still asks me to set the clock :(!!! what is the problem!! i just want to play :confused:

Please help me, even this time!!!!!! :)

hagbard
September 3rd, 2005, 13:03
I said before Utopia Boot Disc 1.2 would hardly work, use 1.1

Psykid
September 3rd, 2005, 14:08
yo ppl. when i try to run chankast it says cant read TOC from h:drive y is this so?..

iv mounted the proper boot cd - utopia 1.1

suggestions pls

hagbard
September 4th, 2005, 11:47
Use another "dc_flash.bin" , sometimes helps (looks it's region dependent)

Also make sure you've ASPI installed ( get ForceASPI (http://force_aspi_18.w.interia.pl/) ), and change to "CD-ROM Interface XXX" from "CD-ROM interface ASPI" on "Plugins" -> "Configure"

Otherwise, you might fix it by disabling "Devices - restrict CD-ROM acces to current user" on Control Panel -> Administration Tools -> Local security policies -> Local policies.

Psykid
September 5th, 2005, 06:43
hey man. im sorted, thanks for the suggestions :)

Makinit
September 5th, 2005, 11:46
I said before Utopia Boot Disc 1.2 would hardly work, use 1.1

i really can't get the v1.1. is there any other working-version? :o

Roodee
November 27th, 2005, 11:27
Hey guys whats a UBD?

hagbard
November 28th, 2005, 01:40
Utopia Boot Disc

dxtah
June 15th, 2006, 11:15
greetings

after loading UBD v1.1, the screen goes to the "reindeer" screen

then i mount the street fighter 3 image and nothing happens..

help pls.

ive installed aspi 4.71.2
cd rom interface is aspi
drive is set to d-tool drive
using d-tool 3.47

ive just testing using cdrom interface is XXX
no reaction whatsoever, still stuck on the reindeer graphic

looking forward to any help

thanks