PDA

View Full Version : General ePSXe Setup and Configuration

Pages : [1] 2

Guitar Gamer
August 2nd, 2004, 15:05
----------------------------------------------
General Epsxe Setup and Configuration:

1) First you will need to make sure you have the latest copy of epsxe. As of today - August 1, 2004 - the most recent version is 1.6.0. If you do not have this release you can download it here...

| ePSXe (http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/epsxe.html) |

2) Once the file is finished downloading double-click it's icon. The file should automatically open in an archiving program such as Winzip or WinRAR. If you don't have such a program you can download one from either of these locations...

| Winzip (http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm) |
| WinRAR (http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm) |

Keep in mind both of the previous downloads are evaluation copies or "trial versions"

Once you open the epsxe zip file choose to extract all of it's contents to the following path (this can be done by manual navigation to that location or by typing out the path name):

DRIVE:/Program Files/epsxe (Replacing "DRIVE" with your hard drive's letter)

3) Retrieve a Playstation BIOS file from elsewhere on the internet. It is considered in most countries to be illegal to be in possession of such a file so we cannot post links to it here. The file you will need can have two names --- one for NTSC (North American) games and one for PAL (European) games. Most likely - you will need the NTSC file. They are titled as follows:

- NTSC - SCPH1001.BIN
- PAL - SCPH7502.BIN

4) Once you have successfully download the correct BIOS for your region, extract it or place it in the following folder (assuming you used the suggested installation directory for epsxe as stated above)

DRIVE:/Program Files/epsxe/bios ("DRIVE" being you hard drive letter)

5) Next you will need to download some plugins for epsxe. Mainly you will need GPU (graphics proccessing unit) and SPU (sound proccessing unit) plugins. These are simply recommendations based on which plugins "normally" achieve optimum performance in most PCs. Download the following files.

GPU Plugins:
| Pete's OpenGL GPU (http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/psxplugins-tools.html) |
| Pete's OpenGL2 PSX GPU (http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/psxplugins-tools.html) |

SPU Plugins:
| Eternal SPU 1.41 (http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/psxplugins-tools.html) |

6) Once you have download all of the previous files (which will open in Winzip or WinRAR) extract all of their contents to the following directory:

DRIVE:/Program Files/epsxe/plugins (Provided you used the suggested path)

7) Once you have done all of this it's time to start epsxe for the first time. Go to the directory you installed epsxe too and double click the icon titled 'ePSXe.exe'. The program should start shortly.

8) You should be greeted with a popup box titled 'Welcome to the ePSXe config setup'. This is a "wizard" to get you started. If you've already run epsxe for the first time and want to access the wizard again click 'CONFIG > WIZARD GUIDE'. If you feel like reading then read what it says - otherwise click "CONIFG >>>" on the bottom right hand corner.

You will first be prompted for the BIOS configuration. Provided you have downloaded the correct BIOS and placed it in the proper folder you should see it listed in the white box. Make sure it is highlighted/selected and click "NEXT >>>"

Next comes the GPU configuration. In the white box will be a list of all the plugins you have for graphics. I suggest using Pete's OpenGL driver but depending on your PC specs - it may be trial and error until you find a plugin which produces desirable results. Once you have selected one click "NEXT >>>"

Here you will need to select the 'Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41' from the white box. This plugin should be the best all round for nearly any system. Click "NEXT >>>"

Now you will need to select a CD-ROM plugin. I recommend that if you are going to be playing from actual CDs to simply select 'epsxe CDR ASPI core 1.5.2' and click 'Configure' right under the white list box. In the popup which appears it will say "Select CD-ROM" and have a drop down list below it. Drop down the list and pick whichever of your drives you would like to use for reading the discs. Click "OK". If you plan on playing from image files or ISOs then you can ignore what I just said. Click "NEXT >>>"

Next comes configuring the gamepads. This should be pretty self explanitory. Click on which Pad to configure and change buttons to your preference. Click "NEXT >>>" when you are done. Click "DONE"

9) Ok. Now if all is well you can attempt to play a game. For users who wish to play from an actual PSX disc you can put it in the cd/dvd drive you selected earlier now. When ready Click "File > Run CDROM". Be patient and hope for the best.

Users who wish to play ISOs can mount the image directly in epsxe by clicking "File > Run ISO" and selecting your image in the popup window which shortly proceeds.

10) Congratualtions! Hopefully your playing a game right now and enjoying it.

If anyone has anything else useful to add for a beginner - knock yourself out. :)

onewecallgod
August 2nd, 2004, 19:53
well done GG B)

Edited for cleanliness

Guitar Gamer
August 2nd, 2004, 20:08
Many thanks onewecallgod. *thumbs up* :)

RockY
August 2nd, 2004, 20:22
yeah let's keep this clean

salman
November 5th, 2004, 13:47
yes thanx,this really helped me rune the emulator

Zefar
November 6th, 2004, 00:56
Ok I make another topic just to cuase more atention. :rolleyes:

i3obth3bu1lder
December 6th, 2004, 02:51
yea im a newb at this n i was wondering y i cant play my orginal ps2 games in my drive? i got a dvd drive

montpics
December 6th, 2004, 12:23
ePSXe only play Playstation One games only. B)

i3obth3bu1lder
December 7th, 2004, 01:08
ok ty

Softy
March 9th, 2005, 01:04
which program recomended to make images of ps1,2 games?

Jale
March 9th, 2005, 03:27
You made a thread asking that, so wait for your answer there.

Shorty
March 12th, 2005, 23:14
Thanks this really helped me, now I can play FF7 with a decent speed.

viruz
March 18th, 2005, 16:08
Pls tell me where can I find BIOS. Mail to me pls. PS1 & PS2 BIOS.

viruz
March 18th, 2005, 16:11
Where can I find PS1 & PS2 BIOS, pls tell me via my email (*SNIPPED!*). I can't play without BIOS. Thank all of you. :D :D :D

Jale
March 18th, 2005, 17:16
Where can I find PS1 & PS2 BIOS, pls tell me via my email (*SNIPPED!*). I can't play without BIOS. Thank all of you. :D :D :D
Don't ask for BIOS or such illegal material here. Do a Google quest.

rile_master
March 27th, 2005, 14:34
General Epsxe Setup and Configuration:

1) First you will need to make sure you have the latest copy of epsxe. As of today - August 1, 2004 - the most recent version is 1.6.0. If you do not have this release you can download it here...

| ePSXe (http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/epsxe.html) |

2) Once the file is finished downloading double-click it's icon. The file should automatically open in an archiving program such as Winzip or WinRAR. If you don't have such a program you can download one from either of these locations...

| Winzip (http://www.winzip.com/downwz.htm) |
| WinRAR (http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm) |

Keep in mind both of the previous downloads are evaluation copies or "trial versions"

Once you open the epsxe zip file choose to extract all of it's contents to the following path (this can be done by manual navigation to that location or by typing out the path name):

DRIVE:/Program Files/epsxe (Replacing "DRIVE" with your hard drive's letter)

3) Retrieve a Playstation BIOS file from elsewhere on the internet. It is considered in most countries to be illegal to be in possession of such a file so we cannot post links to it here. The file you will need can have two names --- one for NTSC (North American) games and one for PAL (European) games. Most likely - you will need the NTSC file. They are titled as follows:

- NTSC - SCPH1001.BIN
- PAL - SCPH7502.BIN

4) Once you have successfully download the correct BIOS for your region, extract it or place it in the following folder (assuming you used the suggested installation directory for epsxe as stated above)

DRIVE:/Program Files/epsxe/bios ("DRIVE" being you hard drive letter)

5) Next you will need to download some plugins for epsxe. Mainly you will need GPU (graphics proccessing unit) and SPU (sound proccessing unit) plugins. These are simply recommendations based on which plugins "normally" achieve optimum performance in most PCs. Download the following files.

GPU Plugins:
| Pete's OpenGL GPU (http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/psxplugins-tools.html) |
| Pete's OpenGL2 PSX GPU (http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/psxplugins-tools.html) |

SPU Plugins:
| Eternal SPU 1.41 (http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/psx/psxplugins-tools.html) |

6) Once you have download all of the previous files (which will open in Winzip or WinRAR) extract all of their contents to the following directory:

DRIVE:/Program Files/epsxe/plugins (Provided you used the suggested path)

7) Once you have done all of this it's time to start epsxe for the first time. Go to the directory you installed epsxe too and double click the icon titled 'ePSXe.exe'. The program should start shortly.

8) You should be greeted with a popup box titled 'Welcome to the ePSXe config setup'. This is a "wizard" to get you started. If you've already run epsxe for the first time and want to access the wizard again click 'CONFIG > WIZARD GUIDE'. If you feel like reading then read what it says - otherwise click "CONIFG >>>" on the bottom right hand corner.

You will first be prompted for the BIOS configuration. Provided you have downloaded the correct BIOS and placed it in the proper folder you should see it listed in the white box. Make sure it is highlighted/selected and click "NEXT >>>"

Next comes the GPU configuration. In the white box will be a list of all the plugins you have for graphics. I suggest using Pete's OpenGL driver but depending on your PC specs - it may be trial and error until you find a plugin which produces desirable results. Once you have selected one click "NEXT >>>"

Here you will need to select the 'Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41' from the white box. This plugin should be the best all round for nearly any system. Click "NEXT >>>"

Now you will need to select a CD-ROM plugin. I recommend that if you are going to be playing from actual CDs to simply select 'epsxe CDR ASPI core 1.5.2' and click 'Configure' right under the white list box. In the popup which appears it will say "Select CD-ROM" and have a drop down list below it. Drop down the list and pick whichever of your drives you would like to use for reading the discs. Click "OK". If you plan on playing from image files or ISOs then you can ignore what I just said. Click "NEXT >>>"

Next comes configuring the gamepads. This should be pretty self explanitory. Click on which Pad to configure and change buttons to your preference. Click "NEXT >>>" when you are done. Click "DONE"

9) Ok. Now if all is well you can attempt to play a game. For users who wish to play from an actual PSX disc you can put it in the cd/dvd drive you selected earlier now. When ready Click "File > Run CDROM". Be patient and hope for the best.

Users who wish to play ISOs can mount the image directly in epsxe by clicking "File > Run ISO" and selecting your image in the popup window which shortly proceeds.

If anyone has anything else useful to add for a beginner - knock yourself out. :)
Good job!!!

aussj4link
March 31st, 2005, 04:44
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA IVE FINNALY FOUND THE PS2 BIOS AND NOW IM GONNA TELL EVERY1 WHERE IT IS BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO B SEARCHING FOREVER!

*SNIPPED!*

you may have 2 sign up on the site (i dont think u do) but if u do its free and quick. if u need ne more help email me at *SNIPPED!*

Softy
April 24th, 2005, 00:17
Now I know , if I want to play virtual disk,I need config cd-rom and show drive which I will use.

Softy
April 24th, 2005, 00:23
I have this scph10000,but no progress in work of emulator,so what the f***?

Neko Koneko
April 24th, 2005, 00:56

PS2 emulators don't run commercial games yet.

montpics
April 24th, 2005, 14:42
That's PS2 bios, not PS bios. :cool:

Kopas10
April 28th, 2005, 12:25
What about files ".nrg", does they work with this program? Maybe I have to configure something (at the moment I configure ePSXe just like GG said). If not, what program do I need to run it?

montpics
April 28th, 2005, 12:29
What about files ".nrg", does they work with this program? Maybe I have to configure something (at the moment I configure ePSXe just like GG said). If not, what program do I need to run it?
That's a Nero CD image file. You can mount it with Daemon-Tools (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/index.php) and play with ePSXe.

Alternatively, you may rename it into ".iso" (make a backup first) and see if that's work with ePSXe directly. Good luck! ;)

Gee3000
May 16th, 2005, 21:14
Hi there, thanx a lot for clarifying this mess of an emulator :)

However, I'm still having a problem. The game I'm tryin to play is Final Fantasy 9 UK PAL (original psx cd).
I'm trying to set this up (never used it before) with the following plugins:

- Bios: SCPH7502 (UK PAL)
- Graphics: Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.6
- Sound: Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41
- CD-ROM - PROBLEM!

The problem seems to be that when I select "ePSXe CDR ASPI core 1.5.2" and click Configure button, it gives me the following error:
" * Error loading WNASPI32.DLL"

Am I using the wrong CD plugin? I have tried the following but to no use:
- ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2
- Mooby2 cd disk image driver 2.8
- SaPu's CD-ROM Plugin 1.0

My system specs are as follows:
- P4 3.4Ghz with 1GB Ram
- NVidia GeForce FX 5500 128MB

Any help would be appreciated, thank you :)

hagbard
May 16th, 2005, 22:19
you're missing ASPI layer, give a try to forceASPI (http://force_aspi_18.w.interia.pl/). If you're using win 2k/Xp you can switch to SPTI (IOCTL).

Anyway, to use an *original* FF9 PAL CD on ePSXe, you'll need the specific patches (http://www.ngemu.com/misc.php?action=ppf). Get only the files for your region (PAL UK). Then unzip the patches (.ppf) to ePSXe "patches" folder, then rename each one acording its respective CDs: In FF9 CD number 1 main folder there is a file named "SLES_029.69". Rename the .pff exactlly as that file, the same for the other CDs, but note the SLES_#.29.69 will have "1", "2", and "3" instead "#".
Don't forget to and leave them on the "patches" folder. Should load OK then ;)

Gee3000
May 16th, 2005, 23:45
WOW it worked! I couldn't get the patch from the website you mentioned but luckily someone had put it on their own site until the site you mentioned was back up! It works perfectly chrystal now, thanx a lot :D Appreciated :D

Ed-Hed
May 22nd, 2005, 23:22
-=>Post deleted by ME!<=-

Once again, the problem magically fixed itself. Only this time only seconds after posting this.
I'll be back with other stupid questions some other time.

xinran
May 26th, 2005, 19:06
i followed ur procedure and got an error in loading WNASPI32.DLL after i press config at cdrom drive config

how do i solve it?

xinran
May 26th, 2005, 19:42
i downlaoded the dll file this time another eerror came out

error in init aspi(235)

wad shd i do?

hagbard
May 26th, 2005, 22:15
Remove your aspi, as might be corrupted, with the bats in forceaspi. Then install again

FF9
June 7th, 2005, 12:55
I recently bought a copy of final fantasy 9, and i have looked for the patch to play it on epsxe, but cant find it, if anyone can help[ me with this please do.

montpics
June 7th, 2005, 15:14
How about this one? :cool:

>CLICK HERE!< (http://aldostools.mysite4now.com/ff9.html)

hagbard
June 7th, 2005, 16:32
You only need the patch to play the original one you got, if you make an iso and play from your HD that's not needed and might help you to take care of this stuff ;)

FF9
June 7th, 2005, 16:36
The link for the UK version of the patch is broken.
How do i make iso?

montpics
June 7th, 2005, 17:05
Use ISOPoducer or something related softwares to make an ISO.

Link broken? Looks like I have to look somewhere else.....

Edit :
Check your PM! :)

FF9
June 7th, 2005, 18:25
I tried ISO prducer, it keeps coming up with an error message and closes.

EDIT

Nvm i fixed it all, working great, graphics come out much better emulated than when i use my playstation 2.

Thanks to all for the help.

redshift
June 17th, 2005, 04:34
Is it possible to actually run a iso as it is on a emulator? Like ive read this topic about the nero's nrg image extentions but is it possible just to run the file as it is without using a mounting program?
(Reason why i ask is that im planning on running a game at school{GTA} and their are to options disabled to allow installation of a program in which the Daemon Tool won't be able to work because it creates a VCD)

Im still yet to actually find a program that rips a cd into a extention .iso and that can rip psx games properly.

hagbard
June 17th, 2005, 16:24
Emulators use the iso and cue/bin (then img) because are very common formats, and the .iso it's even free. You might create various DT emulated drives, so I don't see thta as a problem :cool:

You might create good .iso with Isoproducer (look for on this thread), and cue/bin with CDRwin (the format propietary) and many others

montpics
June 19th, 2005, 12:01
I don't know if this method still works on some occasion. Try to rename it NRG file into ISO file. :)

forkart
June 21st, 2005, 18:43
I use magiciso to make iso (http://www.magiciso.com/) from CD. It works fine to me.

http://www.magiciso.com/

pork
July 14th, 2005, 01:08
could anyone that has the NTSC BIOS File email it to me? I'll give you my email address.

mhl12
July 14th, 2005, 02:05
read the rules, dont ask for bios or any other illegal files.

pork
July 14th, 2005, 02:15
Whoops. Should've. Sorry. But.... There's no where else to get them.....

Genome
July 14th, 2005, 02:42
look harder they do exist. try google or bittorrent. just dont waste your time with searching in english. try to think outside the box when you search. or you could just go buy a ps1 im sure they are only 10 bucks or so by now.

305soldier
July 14th, 2005, 08:40
or a p2p program.

montpics
July 14th, 2005, 10:42
look harder they do exist. try google or bittorrent. just dont waste your time with searching in english. try to think outside the box when you search. or you could just go buy a ps1 im sure they are only 10 bucks or so by now.
And I'm pretty sure here is still cost around RM300 something in my place. :rolleyes:

Tidus
July 16th, 2005, 13:52
Now you will need to select a CD-ROM plugin. I recommend that if you are going to be playing from actual CDs to simply select 'epsxe CDR ASPI core 1.5.2' and click 'Configure' right under the white list box. In the popup which appears it will say "Select CD-ROM" and have a drop down list below it

erm sorry

but why when i click on epsxe CDR ASPI core 1.5.2 and click configure ....the drop down list doesn't come out and i get a error and it says Error oading WNASPI32.DLL

please help me TT

Tidus
July 16th, 2005, 14:15
My Graphic card is GeForce MX 4000

and my discs consists of pirated discs and original discs

can any1 help?? @@

montpics
July 16th, 2005, 14:22
Just pick the CdrSaPu plugin, set the drive where you PS games located mostly, and play!

>CLICK HERE!< (http://www.ngemu.com/psx/epsxe.php?action=plugins)

Good luck! :)

Tidus
July 16th, 2005, 14:29
what you meant @@

my games are all from my discs @@

montpics
July 16th, 2005, 14:41
what you meant @@

my games are all from my discs @@
/me knocks the head on the wall.
Perhaps you don't understand what I mean at start.

Error loading about WNASPI32.DLL which means you need to install ASPILayer which can be found from here.

>CLICK HERE!< (http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=3700)

Note : Most WinXP users had similar in which it doesn't have that file. You can do that one from the link I gave and your problems should be solved. :cool:

Alternatively as I said earlier on. CdrSapu/SaPu CD plugin is a plugin without the need of WNASPI32.DLL. So, select the plugin and forget the thing I said earlier.

If any question, just ask. :cool:

Tidus
July 16th, 2005, 15:18
ya it works thanks but

when i tried to start the game again......it error again...it says that there is a missing Shader Extension how do i fix that ?

montpics
July 16th, 2005, 15:27
That means your graphic card doesn't support shaders function. So try to pick the simple GPU plugin like P.E.Op.S GPU plugin. :)

Tidus
July 16th, 2005, 15:46
o ok it works now but how come my game doesn't start again? @@

Tidus
July 16th, 2005, 16:31
@@ please please i wanted to play FF 9 on PC badly @@

hagbard
July 17th, 2005, 00:05
Just in the case you're using the PSX FF9 original CDs, you need the appropiate ppf patches for your game version. Place them on the "patches" subfolder, and rename them like the executable file on the main CD folder of each one: it should be named SLUS_###.## (NTSC-U version) or SLES_###.## (PAL european versions). The "#" are different numbers depending on the disc/version. You can get the pacthes here (http://ngemu.com/psx/misc.php?action=ppf).

Tidus
July 17th, 2005, 02:57
Hagbard change the name of the SLUS.##### or the one in the patches foldeR?

Tidus
July 17th, 2005, 02:59
erm and one more thing .... the patches doesn't hav NTSC for FF9 @@

Tidus
July 17th, 2005, 03:27
erm another thing when i tried to configure under the CDROM option the dropdown list has nothing in them why is it so @@?

RockY
July 17th, 2005, 04:43
Please don't Triple Post...

305soldier
July 17th, 2005, 05:57
yeah use the edit button man.

montpics
July 17th, 2005, 09:11
erm another thing when i tried to configure under the CDROM option the dropdown list has nothing in them why is it so @@?
Try to use SaPu CD plugin as I said earlier on. :)

hagbard
July 17th, 2005, 11:28
Hagbard change the name of the SLUS.##### or the one in the patches foldeR?

Change the name of the pff file for the one on the CD. Anyway if you use the NTSC-U doesn't need any patches to work, sorry for that :p

Some tips for play FF9, besides install forceASPI (make a forum search) and what monty's said

When using Pete's hardware (D3D/OGL) plugins, remember to set Offscreen Drawing to standard in order see the battle menus, and set Framebuffer Textures to Gfx Card Buffer (If your video card supports it, check Pete's docs) or Full VRam Primitives (Note: Full VRAM Primitives WILL slow down ePSXe immensely), so you can see the effect which occurs every time you enter a battle.

And use ePSXe version 1.5.2, not 1.6.0

Tidus
July 18th, 2005, 08:25
i tried all above stuff but still cant load the game @@ the screen fade to black ...then back to window again @@
THE CD SAPU plugin cant work and where do you get that 1.5.2 versioN?
btw sorry ROCKY xD

hagbard
July 18th, 2005, 17:05
THE CD SAPU plugin cant work and where do you get that 1.5.2 versioN?
In the ePSXe official site (http://epsxe.com/download.php)

Tidus
July 19th, 2005, 07:41
omg omg the thing still doesn't work at all @@

hagbard
July 19th, 2005, 16:24
Do you have the PSX Bios? search google for them if needed

Tidus
July 20th, 2005, 08:06
Do you have the PSX Bios? search google for them if needed

yap i got it long ago @@ the one for NTSC @@

Tidus
July 22nd, 2005, 13:07
TT waitied more than 3 days still cannot play TT

help help please ^TT^

montpics
July 22nd, 2005, 13:53
Did you configured one by one plugins? (Most importantly CD plugin)

Did you have those bios file listed below?
SCPH1001
SCPH7502

Lastly, did you check/test on every PS CD? :cool:

Tidus
July 22nd, 2005, 15:28
yea i hav them @@

montpics
July 24th, 2005, 10:15
Oops, just forgot. Make sure that you download and install the latest version of DirectX.

hagbard
July 24th, 2005, 11:22
Got the gfx card drivers installed? (not the XP default)

Tidus
July 24th, 2005, 11:27
what is the latest direct x? i dunno about my drivers' stuffs....what is the xp default?

jv9
July 24th, 2005, 11:43
The latest: DirectX 9.0c

montpics
July 24th, 2005, 13:51
what is the latest direct x? i dunno about my drivers' stuffs....what is the xp default?
You may get the latest version from here. (Just in case you don't have it) :cool:

>CLICK HERE!< (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx)

jv9
July 24th, 2005, 14:30

If you have an Ati Graphic card you have to get the additional driver for it.
Link:http://www.ati.com/

Or if Nvidia:
Link:http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html

Tidus
July 24th, 2005, 15:45
my current graphic card is Nvidia GeForce 8000MX

and i tried installing the latest version but to no avail @@

montpics
July 25th, 2005, 13:14
So did you find your DirectX on your PC? :)

Tidus
July 25th, 2005, 13:47
So did you find your DirectX on your PC? :)
how do you find it??

montpics
July 25th, 2005, 14:01
Click Run, type 'dxdiag' and click okay. If fails to do so, which means that you don't have DirectX yet and you better download the latest version of it from the post I made above. ;)

Tidus
July 25th, 2005, 14:30
Click Run, type 'dxdiag' and click okay. If fails to do so, which means that you don't have DirectX yet and you better download the latest version of it from the post I made above. ;)

yea there's direct X in my PC .....but my PSEXE still cant work @@

montpics
July 26th, 2005, 13:06
Possibly I'm out of ideas. Try to use other PS emulators for the likes of PSXeven. :)

Tidus
July 26th, 2005, 13:09
does my CD Drive affects it? btw thanks to all for helping ^^

im also out of idea....

montpics
July 26th, 2005, 13:32
You have only 1 CD drive? :rolleyes:

Tidus
July 26th, 2005, 14:50
yea ....

montpics
July 27th, 2005, 10:49
One question, did you manage to test it with the BIOS by 'Run Bios'? :rolleyes:

Tidus
July 29th, 2005, 18:59
One question, did you manage to test it with the BIOS by 'Run Bios'? :rolleyes:

i tried running it but still it didn't work TT

montpics
July 31st, 2005, 14:09
i tried running it but still it didn't work TT
If it fail to show PS logo after you run the BIOS, which means you have something problem with the BIOS or Graphic plugins as well. Try to redownload the BIOS from the other place. :cool:

eelo
July 31st, 2005, 19:06
hi,
i really have trouble finding that BIOS thing
i searched the internet with google but i just cant seem to find it, i only find forums and stuff that say the cant post urls where you can download it cause its illegal..but where do get them then =S
hope someone can help me with a tip or aomething
greetzz eelo

you can email me to at: *SNIPPED!*

Tidus
August 2nd, 2005, 13:20
hold on i take screenshot let you guys see...

zios
August 2nd, 2005, 16:04
first of all, where do you find ps roms?
my emulator is set, but I don't want to search the whole net to find one
game

RockY
August 2nd, 2005, 22:13
Please... this is the second time you ask for ROMS, the next time you'll be banned.

Tidus
August 6th, 2005, 01:49
rocky meant who? @@

mhl12
August 6th, 2005, 02:00
he's talking about Zios.

tehni
August 21st, 2005, 06:53
eh softy
can add me in ym "stanleytck" or msn *SNIPPED*
where to dl the brigandine game
i need to ask u man
zz thx

hagbard
August 21st, 2005, 11:22
Use PM's for such a things. Next time we won't warn

montpics
August 24th, 2005, 13:28
eh softy
can add me in ym "stanleytck" or msn *SNIPPED*
where to dl the brigandine game
i need to ask u man
zz thx
Don't ask for ISO in this forum. :cool:

RED SAGA
September 6th, 2005, 22:44
hi there

i am afan of the epsxe emu i loved it so much^^

but i have some quastions

is there a cheat plugines to do agameshark code or even actionreply?

the speed of the iso is more faster than cd drive so can any 1 tell me how to make iso games?or is that unligal?

with thanks red

montpics
September 8th, 2005, 14:23
hi there

i am afan of the epsxe emu i loved it so much^^

but i have some quastions

is there a cheat plugines to do agameshark code or even actionreply?
Yes, there is.

>CLICK HERE!< (http://www.emucheater.com/)

the speed of the iso is more faster than cd drive so can any 1 tell me how to make iso games?or is that unligal?

with thanks red
That can be done by configuring the GPU plugin. Or you can find it here as well.

>CLICK HERE!< (http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=673)
If you want to make an ISO yourself, you can use any software than can do that such as ISO Producer, Alcohol 120%, CloneCD and others. But mostly are shareware or trial. Look through Google! (http://www.google.com/)

RED SAGA
September 11th, 2005, 15:06
Yes, there is.

>CLICK HERE!<
thanks i will try that

That can be done by configuring the GPU plugin. Or you can find it here as well.

i think ill try nero or somthing thanks^^

Blade90
October 2nd, 2005, 15:49
Little problem: When i must choose cd-rom (5/7) and then click on "config", there will appear text: Error loading WNASPI32.dll, and then it just shuts the program. What should I do?

Ah, now it is working! I have Gran Turismo 2 and I tried it. One problem: It is so fast! Too fast! How i can lower speed, or can i do it somehow?
Other problem: I don&#180;t hear sounds....

ticktock
October 2nd, 2005, 20:16
how come no one ever reads stickys or rules in that matter?

montpics
October 3rd, 2005, 13:16
how come no one ever reads stickys or rules in that matter?
I could understand that. Guess that's why we are here. :)

@Blade90 :
Search for it in this forum as that problem was answered a couple of times. :cool:

Blade90
October 5th, 2005, 18:26
It works, IT WORKS! I can´t believe that!

bLu3xHaZe
November 5th, 2005, 08:35
thanks for the tutorial I can play ps1 games now :happy:

Nillin
November 22nd, 2005, 03:47
you're missing ASPI layer, give a try to forceASPI (http://force_aspi_18.w.interia.pl/). If you're using win 2k/Xp you can switch to SPTI (IOCTL).

Anyway, to use an *original* FF9 PAL CD on ePSXe, you'll need the specific patches (http://www.ngemu.com/misc.php?action=ppf). Get only the files for your region (PAL UK). Then unzip the patches (.ppf) to ePSXe "patches" folder, then rename each one acording its respective CDs: In FF9 CD number 1 main folder there is a file named "SLES_029.69". Rename the .pff exactlly as that file, the same for the other CDs, but note the SLES_#.29.69 will have "1", "2", and "3" instead "#".
Don't forget to and leave them on the "patches" folder. Should load OK then ;)

I'm a newb soo, anyhoo, I had the same prob, I then downloaded the thingamagig but now I don't know how to install it er whatever. Somehow I got past the thing where this wiz thing screwed up. Ok I know my question is very shady but when I click run cdrom it goes to full screen and messes up and says messing shader extention thing...What DO I do, What DO I do.

hagbard
November 22nd, 2005, 13:19
I only understand you've a problem about the "shader extension". Switch to Pete's Direct3D or OpenGL, but not OGL2. Otherwise, please be a bit more specific

Nillin
November 22nd, 2005, 16:27
AHH I feel like an idiot. Please delete my last messages if you can, I couldn't find the option that allows me to delete my own messages like in other forums. After I submited it I countinued to look through the forums and found out what to do. I just deleted everything and started over, and know I got it to work perfectly. Sorry about that, I have dial up and it takes me like 7 mins to just look at one page sooo I came across my answere a little to late sorry. Thanks for the help

hagbard
November 23rd, 2005, 01:58
Nevermind, you got it working and that's what matters :)

centrus
November 27th, 2005, 02:52
Curious: trying to run PS1 games: I downloaded Delta and followed the directions to a T, configured the plugins/BIOS files in the ePSXe folder properly, loaded Crash Bash...didn't work. Got a black screen, and it just stayed there. I tried redoing the entire process just in ePSXe the program, the directions at the top of this sticky...same result. Black screen, disk stops spinning in the drive after a few seconds. Tried both again with Tekken 3...same thing. Is the fact that I'm doing it on a laptop have anything to do with it? When I put Crash Bash it Delta prompted a "new game" setup, so it obviously being detected. After configuring the whole bloody thing again, it still refuses to play, no error messages though. What the hell am I missing, or doing wrong??

WinXP, Nvidia driver, plugins: gpuPeteOpenGL.dll, spuEternal.dll, BIOS folder: SCPH1001...

hagbard
November 28th, 2005, 01:48
Did you choose any BIOS? Is your CDr plugin configured to use your CD/DVD-ROM drive?

centrus
November 28th, 2005, 02:27
It's properly configured to detect drive F (my working CD/DVD drive), but if it was a CDr problem, now I get this when it starts:

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d101/SnipersOverSanta/psxerror.jpg

If it was a BIOS error I thought it would have indicated it with an error message (one popped up saying I was missing it when I first got the emulator, so I got one...)

Edit: for some reason the picture came out really small, but its pretty simple anyway - frozen program white screen error, takes up the whole screen, etc.

hagbard
November 28th, 2005, 02:36
Some BIOS might be problematic with some games. If you're using Win 2k/XP you can select choose IOCTL, if it isn't stick with ASPI (http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=3700), or use the Sapu plugin. I'd recommend that one or P.E.Op.S.

About the screen, looks like ePSXe hangs, so try reboot your system or close any session that might previously hang (Control+Alt+Supr).

centrus
November 28th, 2005, 02:57
Right, well, I followed the directions for the ASPI link, rebooted and all. What's IOCTL? And what button is "Supr"? I'll see if Tekken 3 will work now. The BIOS seems to be a regular SCPH1001 file...

Thanks for the help so far.

centrus
November 28th, 2005, 03:10
Hooray! The game plays now, I changed the CDr plugin to the P.E.Op.S. plugin instead. One last thing though. The sound seems a bit choppy, the screen is perfectly continuous, but the sound gaps every split second. I changed the sound plugin to the P.E.Op.S. one, but I'm not sure how to configure it. Can you suggest a way to correct the sound skipping? Thanks again.

hagbard
November 28th, 2005, 12:33
Please use the edit button instead of double post.

Most probably is a SPU or CDr plugin problem, but it might be SPU.

SPU: Some games need to enable SPU IRQ option. Also try to set "General Settings" -> "Mode", Reverb" and "Interpolation" values to "0".

GPU: Use the "Fast" button to maximize performance. I don't know what GPU plugin you use though, but stick with Pete's D3D, OGL, OGL2 or PeOPs Soft GPU.

CDr: Click "Try auto-detection" with a PSX disc inserted in your drive. Switch from the different "Caching modes" and check "Don'twait until device is ready".

If you still don't succeed, try another CDr plugin such as Sapu, or use ISOs instead real CDs.

madhatter87
December 4th, 2005, 12:00
I'm still amazed that they have an emulator for this stuff.

malephar
January 5th, 2006, 00:15
i have been using epsxe for a while without too many problems
but i decided to save all my psx games as .iso files onto the hard drive
they work fine except for the sound
on games like ff7 or breath of fire, it is fine because the music is produced by the actual emulator
but when the music has to be read off the disc, like tekken, there is nothing
i am using isoproducer and i havent been getting any error msgs
the games work fine when i run them from the disc drive

any ideas??

hagbard
January 6th, 2006, 00:59
Did you enable CDDA from the sound options?

malephar
January 7th, 2006, 00:34
ye i did
i tried all the different sound options
with all the different games and it didnt work
when i put the disc into the drive the emulator can read the audio tracks and everything is fine
when i run the iso its like when your playing a racing game and you open the psx
the game runs fine but there is no music
so far i have only used isoproducer
i have DLed magic iso and will try it out and let you know what happens

hagbard
January 7th, 2006, 13:43
With only an ISO file you'll miss the CDDA tracks as well as direct load any image file with the emulator. I suggest you making an image with Cdrwin (CUE-BIN), CloneCD (CCD-IMG), etc, then mount it with Daemon Tools.

malephar
January 8th, 2006, 01:08
yes i thought thats what the outcome would be
i was reading about those deamon tools in another thread
i even downloaded that virtual drive thing months ago
but i decided that it served absolutley no purpose and promptly shredded it from the hard disk
now i feel a bit sheepish
by the way, i think you (hagbard) should be commended on the work you do on this board
ive only studied the sony threads but you have helped hundreds of annoying newbs like me
so i say well done

hagbard
January 8th, 2006, 19:03
Yes, I mean if you mount a CUE, CCD, MDS, etc with Daemon Tools you won't miss the CDDA tracks while playing it on PSX emulators.
Btw, no problem, I'm glad to help somehow :o

weiranye
January 9th, 2006, 02:13
Hi i am new i don't get how to configure epsxe 1.6.0. I am using the ePSXe 1.6.0, I've downloaded Harvest Moon Back to Nature.Bin and i put it in the BIOS file, but when i start using the configure wizard and i clicked on configure, there should be Harvest Moon Back to Nature. bin file in the white box, but there were nothing, its empty! Can sombody help me plz......

montpics
January 9th, 2006, 11:20
Hi i am new i don't get how to configure epsxe 1.6.0. I am using the ePSXe 1.6.0, I've downloaded Harvest Moon Back to Nature.Bin and i put it in the BIOS file, but when i start using the configure wizard and i clicked on configure, there should be Harvest Moon Back to Nature. bin file in the white box, but there were nothing, its empty! Can sombody help me plz......
That's not a BIOS file, it's a CD image file. Mount it with Daemon-Tools and try again. :cool:

hiden_goddess
January 11th, 2006, 04:32
Well I followed the instructions and set everything up. But when I try to play Lunar and whenever I go into a house the whole screen goes black. I can still hear the music and everything and I don't think it's frozen but I can't see anything. Also does anyone know the controls for Lunar. I'm having trouble figuring out what buttons do what on the game pad.

hagbard
January 11th, 2006, 11:32
Did you try the Peops soft GPU video plugin?

malephar
January 12th, 2006, 23:05
ok so i got the games going now with the music tracks playing
now i have encountered a new problem
i bought two controllers both exactly the same
and it seems that epsxe doesnt recognise the difference between them
when i am playing tekken and i press start to pause, it starts a player 2 game
i tried switching around the usb port and its still the same
any ideas??

hagbard
January 13th, 2006, 01:53
You have to configure each pad input keys on "Config" -> "Gamepad" -> "Pad 1" for player 1, then "Pad 2" for player 2.

malephar
January 14th, 2006, 02:04
i tried that
but because they are both the same pad, its like i am using just one pad
the emulator doesnt seem to recognise the difference
it makes fifa and tekken a whole lot more interesting though

weiranye
January 18th, 2006, 22:01
Hi i need help on how to use the daemon tool, after i mounted my game Harvest Moon Back to Nature with the daemon tool, it now shows that on my drive E with these files:

STR FOLDER
A_FILE.BIN
A_FILE.HDT
ABSTRACT TEXT DOCUMENT
BIBLIOGP TEXT DOCUMENT
COPYRIGH TEXT DOCUMENT
DUMMY.DAT
SLUS_011.15
SYSTEM SPEEDDIAL

and my question is how to get the game to work on espxe?

malephar
January 19th, 2006, 00:10
you could try running it as a cd rom
just choose the E drive
thats what i would do

weiranye
January 19th, 2006, 00:30
I tried running it as cd rom, you mean by opening epsxe and click on file to run cdrom, when i open it, it shows up as a black screen. so now what?

weiranye
January 19th, 2006, 01:23
Ok i finally figure it out, everything work good but its too fast what should i do?

Hagane EX
January 19th, 2006, 07:04
I recommend that if you are going to be playing from CDs to simply use 'epsxe CDR ASPI core 1.5.2' and click 'Configure' right under the white box.

when i try to do that it and error pops up and says

* Error in init aspi (227)

please help :(

montpics
January 19th, 2006, 09:06
@weiranye
You can configure it from Pete's GPU (from Graphic configuration) and set it to 'Nice' setting.

Or, while playing, press 'Home' and press either 'Insert' or 'Delete' (from your keyboard) to adjust the speed.

Note : I'm not very sure of that but good luck! :)

@Hagane EX
Try to use other CD plugin, SaPu CD plugin for example. :cool:

malephar
January 19th, 2006, 22:15
aspi

isnt that something to do with the layout or structure of the cd image
maybe thats why the emulator cant recognise the image

hagbard
January 20th, 2006, 00:27
aspi
isnt that something to do with the layout or structure of the cd image
maybe thats why the emulator cant recognise the image
ASPI it's a kind of "driver" that makes the PC software to control/communicate with the CD/DVD-ROM hardware

@weiranye

Check this sticky thread (http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=673)

hiden_goddess
January 30th, 2006, 04:14
Hey,
I posted about the blacking out of the sceen a page back. Thanks for the help. I did some searching on other forum around here and found out how to fix it. Now I'm totally enjoying the game. Thanx

hiden_goddess
March 2nd, 2006, 05:39
After I successfully configer my emulator I should just be able to download games and play them right? Cuz I downloaded Lunar Eternal Blue and I can't play it. When i go to click on the run iso the only game that shows up is Lunar SSSC even though i downloaded both. Any suggestions plz?

hagbard
March 2nd, 2006, 10:42
Make sure what ISO you're trying to load, you need to unzip/unrar.

hagbard
March 2nd, 2006, 10:43
Make sure what ISO you're trying to load, you need to unzip/unrar. Also you can mount it with Daemon Tools, but you need to configure the CDr plugin

hiden_goddess
March 2nd, 2006, 21:32
well it's unziped/unrared but it's the fact that it's and .7z file i think. Cuz the lunar SSSC game i have working is .img

-=VampyR=-
March 2nd, 2006, 21:39
well it's unziped/unrared but it's the fact that it's and .7z file i think. Cuz the lunar SSSC game i have working is .img
You have to decompress that .7z file.It's the same procedure as for .rar.
Do you have WinRAR 3.51 (http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm) or 7-zip (http://www.7-zip.org/) ?

hiden_goddess
March 2nd, 2006, 23:31
i think i might have them, i'll check. So how do i decompress them?

-=VampyR=-
March 2nd, 2006, 23:54
If you have WinRAR,hit mouse 2 on the file you downloaded and select Extract Files...
If you have 7-Zip,launch the program...click on the file the hit Extract (it's up there) or mouse 2 Extract Files or Extract Here if you want to extract in the same folder.

hiden_goddess
March 3rd, 2006, 00:50
the game is working now! thanx very much :)

-=VampyR=-
March 3rd, 2006, 00:59
Good ! I'm happy for you ! :my_specoo

sage098
March 19th, 2006, 12:48
can I play this epsxe with window XP? Cuz somesays it only work on win98:dry:

Jale
March 19th, 2006, 12:51
It has nothing to do with Windows version, but plugins, specially CD-ROM ones. For example, you should use ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2. if you are running ePSXe under Windows XP to make it work.

hagbard
March 19th, 2006, 13:04
ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2 uses the SPTI layer by Microsoft included on Win2k/XP, but is possible to run Adaptec or Nero's ASPI like Win98 does installing (Adaptec or ForceASPI script) or uding the dll file (Nero)

sage098
March 19th, 2006, 13:10
could u give me the link

hagbard
March 19th, 2006, 13:20
http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=3700

sage098
March 19th, 2006, 13:24
thank you very very much I must say:msn_wink: .....

Nickbro8N
April 2nd, 2006, 02:26
i downloaded the BIOS file but im confused about what to do next?

Nickbro8N
April 2nd, 2006, 22:02
actually im fine with the BIOS file now, but when i go to wizard guide it says i have no GPU plugins when i actually do, the plugins folder is spelt right, and evrythin is extracted, so what should i do ? thanks in advance

-=VampyR=-
April 3rd, 2006, 09:45
actually im fine with the BIOS file now, but when i go to wizard guide it says i have no GPU plugins when i actually do, the plugins folder is spelt right, and evrythin is extracted, so what should i do ? thanks in advance
Do it all over again.You must have done something wrong.

montpics
April 5th, 2006, 14:48
What plugins did you extract? And made sure that all the dll's are placed in the same folder. :cool:

STH-Shadow
April 13th, 2006, 21:34
when i click file>iso the games i downloaded arent there,i downloaded ff3 and ff5.

hagbard
April 13th, 2006, 22:30
Are you sure you are trying to run PSX ISOs?

christoph
May 4th, 2006, 12:35
hi! i wanted to try a PS emu for the longest time but couldnt cuz i thought my pc specs werent up to par...now i downloaded the ePSXe1.6.0 then downloaded the delta 2.01 auto config tool...

i want to ask how to work them and stuff...my pc specs are: p4, NVIDIA geforce2 MX/MX 400, 1.60 GHz and 384mb of RAM...

also how do u play games on this? i have cd's [altho some are pirates, me poor...:( ], so do i just put them in the drive and open them with the emu?

is there a tutorial for this?

sorry for the many questions...

-=VampyR=-
May 4th, 2006, 12:53
This whole thread is a tutorial...get reading from page 1. ;)

montpics
May 4th, 2006, 13:52
Yeah, you really should to read from the first page. :glare:

2600_pc
May 4th, 2006, 18:30
I do not know how to run an emulator. I can do the preliminary step on the computer when it loads, but I have no idea how to run it. Can somebody please help me out step by step?????

2600_pc
May 4th, 2006, 18:32
Please tell me how to run an emulator. bayview_lover@hotmail.com. I also may be written postal!

hagbard
May 4th, 2006, 19:10
Please don't double post, and take a look here for basic and nice info:

http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu/

christoph
May 5th, 2006, 04:05
okies...but is my pc specs ok enough to play the games..?

*just downloaded GPU and SPU plug-ins as stated in the first page....am now searching for bios...*

* just got ntsc bios....got all plug-ins in place...*

* put in disc1 of ff8, the screen went black and then showed a no wgl extemsion error....:( help...?*

hagbard
May 5th, 2006, 16:25
Don't use Pete's OpenGL2 GPU plugin, because looks like your video card don't support it. Try Pete's D3D, OGL or P.E.Op.S instead. And yes, you'r PC should be enough for PSX emulators

sepehr
May 6th, 2006, 01:01
Edit: Nevermind, I got the game down after switching to D3D driver, but the only problem is, everything is like really sped up... how do I fix this, it's in like turbo

Edit2: Fixed that, but now the menus for my attacks, etc dont show when I'm in battle. Help please?

Jale
May 6th, 2006, 03:32
Check the FPS limit.

sepehr
May 6th, 2006, 03:45
Check the FPS limit.
You mean to fix the speed? I already got that, I just need to make it so I can actually see the menus etc. Thanks man.:thumb_up:

hagbard
May 6th, 2006, 12:24
With Pete's D3D/OGL, I'd try to enable "special upload detection" on "special game fixes", plus a higher value on "Off-screen drawing". The "nice" button should get a fine config for FFVIII anyway

GroundPound
May 13th, 2006, 04:38
Ok I got and think I did all the steps of getting ePSXe to work and I'm stuck at the second step of the wizard guide which is the scph1001 thing. It won't show up, I extracted to the file C:/Program Files/epsxe/bio on Power desk. Can some1 help me?

btw I have Xp I don't know if thats a problem

montpics
May 16th, 2006, 09:23
Make sure that the extraction place is exactly placed in .\bios\ folder. And the file name should be SCPH1001.bin. :cool:

Goku911
May 30th, 2006, 19:17
it keeps saying to me "gpuPeteOpenGL2"- "missing shader extensions" why so?? i downloaded the newest version of Petes graphic plugin.... sniff sniff...i hope this will be replied soon ^^

montpics
May 31st, 2006, 16:58
it keeps saying to me "gpuPeteOpenGL2"- "missing shader extensions" why so?? i downloaded the newest version of Petes graphic plugin.... sniff sniff...i hope this will be replied soon ^^
Only latest graphic card required in order to use that plugin.

Assuming that you don't have a graphic card that support GL. Use older version of Pete's GPU like :

Pete's OpenGL
P.E.Op.S GPU

Good luck!

dfit1027
June 13th, 2006, 01:54
I have been using ePSXe for about a year on breath of fire IV, FF7, Castlevania, and Breath of Fire III with no problems. I just came across a copy of Suikoden and the sound plugin will not work. The plugins i have are:

Eternal SPU Plugin 1.41
Eternal SPU Plugin Lite 1.41
P.E.Op.S. DSound Audio Driver 1.9
ePSXe SPU core 1.5.2

none of them will work for me tho. The game plays fine just no sound. Any ideas?

Edit: NVM i just needed to toggle some settings under sound

danielevans01
July 1st, 2006, 12:03
Hello, I am having problems playing games on my ePSXe, I have downloaded all of the files the set-up wizard instructed me to do so, but when i try to play an ISO file or run a game disk the following message appears:

"Missing render-texture extension!"

This message is displayed in a window entitled "gpuPeteOpenGL2"

Any suggestions?

Reaverdragon
July 4th, 2006, 20:20
my prob is the same, except im haveing it with Breath of Fire 3. i thought the prob. was my BIOS but i changed it and it had the same problem.

no one has been able to help yet on 3 diff. forums. i'm really hope'n yall can cuase geting this thing to work has been all i have done for the last 3 days.

let me know if u what info yall might need.

Otaku Ichise
July 7th, 2006, 15:16
just use this plugins and configure them as it is here:

http://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/step_config_in_video_plugin.png (http://s2.supload.com/free/step_config_in_video_plugin.png/view/)http://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/step_config_in_sound_plugin.png (http://s2.supload.com/free/step_config_in_sound_plugin.png/view/)http://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/step_config_on_cd_rom_plugin.png (http://s2.supload.com/free/step_config_on_cd_rom_plugin.png/view/)

its all you need to have great quality and performance at same time^^

Ayu
July 14th, 2006, 21:31
Does any of the sounds on ePSX work for Vanguard Bandit or Xenogears? I have already tried downloading all that is available on the site and none of 'em actually worked.

FFX~Valefor
July 26th, 2006, 14:47
i have a question
i run final fantasy vii iso on epsxe,it plays good
however when i try to save the game to one of epsxe slots (run>save state>slot x) it isnt saved,why?
**the game is saved correctly on the save points,i just want the slots**

PR_Fynest
August 1st, 2006, 09:57
Ummm hey im having problems runing the emulator when i try to run a game it says:

Missing Render-Texture Extension

and

No Pixel Format Available

what did i do wron lol??

mhl12
August 1st, 2006, 15:39
computer specs?

what game?
video plugin?
have you configured it correctly?

insanemaniak
August 1st, 2006, 21:21
Ummm hey im having problems runing the emulator when i try to run a game it says:

Missing Render-Texture Extension

and

No Pixel Format Available

what did i do wron lol??

I get that when i use gpuPeteOpenGL2 if ur using this its ur graphics card so use gpuPeteOpenGL

PR_Fynest
August 1st, 2006, 21:21
this is what i have

bios :scph1001
video plugin:Pete's OpenGL2 Driver 2.7
sound:epsxe SPU Core 1.5.2
cdrom:epsxe cdr aspi core 1.5.2 and epsxe cdr WNT/W2k core 1.5.2
game: DBZ Legends

PR_Fynest
August 1st, 2006, 21:44
U were right i needed the petesopengl thingy but the game runs very fast why's that?:( :dry:

insanemaniak
August 1st, 2006, 22:07
Have you configured the Pete's OpenGL to the Nice setting?

PR_Fynest
August 2nd, 2006, 07:49
yup i did lol i had i was changing things at random in the setup n then i saw that lol...but now lol in the game right when im playing the game stops and in my screen appears my desktop with a very very very very high screen resolution and i waited like 5 minutes and nothing happend i tried CTRL+ALT+Delete for the task thingy and the only thing that appears is turn off my pc why the hell does the game get so f**ked up???

insanemaniak
August 2nd, 2006, 09:12
Tbh i have no clue at all, it's never happened to me, all the games but final fantasy 7, 9 work perfectly, did u get the other plugins i told u to get?

PR_Fynest
August 2nd, 2006, 09:36
yup i did

insanemaniak
August 2nd, 2006, 09:56
Have you got it in full screen?

PR_Fynest
August 3rd, 2006, 02:25
yup and i really think its cuz of that cuz when i didn't have full screen the game was alright when i play in fullscreen it gets all f*cked up n shit soo thats another problem solved lol now lol how the hell can i save the damn game lol?

insanemaniak
August 3rd, 2006, 09:56
When u want to save it during the game push esc and go to Run -> Save State -> Slot 1.

In sstates folder dont change the file name because it wont load it otherwise

George PLUMBE
August 8th, 2006, 04:18
pSX 1.7 is the emulator to use.You can play all square games on it and you never have to configure any plug-ins.EPSXE is just ass compared to this.:mad:

insanemaniak
August 8th, 2006, 09:52
Then how come epsxe is rated better?

GTASA
August 8th, 2006, 12:55
pSX 1.7 is the emulator to use.You can play all square games on it and you never have to configure any plug-ins.EPSXE is just ass compared to this.:mad:Yes this is the best emulator,but i don't know how to put *ppf on it (for example:there is patch for Smackdown 2 on ePSXe 1.6, I put it in the "Patches" directory and then select "enable ppf files") but in 1.7 i don't know how to enable *ppf ,is it possible?

George PLUMBE
August 9th, 2006, 19:57
I suppose EPSXE is rated better because of the graphical enhancement that you get with the plug-ins.But you have to constantly configure those plugins for each game which really sucks.That said,pSX is better for people who dont want to do that and it can play most, or as many games EPSXE can play.

Xiedo
August 19th, 2006, 02:01
Configuration takes a few minutes and then I play the game for a few hours.

praveen_2k6
August 19th, 2006, 10:34
yea im a newb at this n i was wondering y i cant play my orginal ps2 games in my drive? i got a dvd drive

That's a Nero CD image file. You can mount it with Daemon-Tools (http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/index.php) and play with ePSXe.

Alternatively, you may rename it into ".iso" (make a backup first) and see if that's work with ePSXe directly. Good luck! ;)

hai ra.. this is praveen i want ps2 emulator and with that i want bios file please try to send the software its very urgent i have platstation2 dvd , i have 256 mb
3dcard also please the software its very urgent to me please...............:D

DudeJustDoIT
August 19th, 2006, 17:38
hai ra.. this is praveen i want ps2 emulator and with that i want bios file please try to send the software its very urgent i have platstation2 dvd , i have 256 mb
3dcard also please the software its very urgent to me please...............

You can go download a Ps2 emulator HERE (http://emulator-zone.com/doc.php/ps2/)

As for your request of the Bios you will have to find those yourself as downloading them is Illegal and we here at EZ do not support Illegal downloading.... Try google or hooking your Ps2 up to your comp and getting the Bios off your Ps2...

Death_Pigeon
August 20th, 2006, 01:06
Im coming into the scene really late if you will but ive followed this guide and my epsxe is still not working im trying to run a disc also does anyone have any programs used to rip cd's to isos if any one could help me it would be much appreciated.
:happy:

Death_Pigeon
August 20th, 2006, 03:04
O yeah the problem is that it just is blank ive waited for 30mins and still nothing happens my plugins are:
Petes Open Gl Driver 1.76
Eternal SPU Plugin 1.50
ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2
Im pretty computer illiterate so any help in lamen terms would be also appreciated.:D

hubba123
August 20th, 2006, 04:17
hey umm im not really got at computer stuff but i was wondering how u configure a psx cuz i wanna play this awsome game legend of dragoon so any help will b good so if u can e-mail me at hubba0706@aol.com or post here thanks in advance

CapnDave
August 20th, 2006, 08:33
I have 4 ".001" files, they are the 4 files for FF8, how do I get them to run on an emulator?

DudeJustDoIT
August 21st, 2006, 00:06
Death_Pigeon
O yeah the problem is that it just is blank ive waited for 30mins and still nothing happens my plugins are:
Petes Open Gl Driver 1.76
Eternal SPU Plugin 1.50
ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.5.2
Im pretty computer illiterate so any help in lamen terms would be also appreciated.

What game are you trying to run? Which version of ePSXe do you have?

hubba123
hey umm im not really got at computer stuff but i was wondering how u configure a psx cuz i wanna play this awsome game legend of dragoon so any help will b good so if u can e-mail me at hubba0706@aol.com or post here thanks in advance

Dude do it yourself its not hard any newbie can do it

Death_Pigeon
August 21st, 2006, 09:16
Im trying to run FFXII

Latest version of epsxe

O yeah my specs are............gulp im so stupid i dont know how to find specs orders comp off fuking dell....................:confused: :o

Xiedo
August 21st, 2006, 10:34
One, you're probably not playing FFXII on ePSXe.

Two, if you're getting nothing but a blank screen, make sure you've got the Playstation BIOS file (SCPH1001.BIN) and it's in the /bios folder.

Death_Pigeon
August 21st, 2006, 12:44
I tried both bios and the cd im using says PAL on it so im presuming its that also to be more precise when i try running it it goes full screen and its black if that makes any difference my opperating system in windows xp home edition
O yeah i have alcohol 120% and i was wondering how to make mdf files iso much apprecited also does anyone know where to get good isos

CapnDave
August 21st, 2006, 12:59
If any of you wouldn't mind helping me out, since I need help, badly, I moved my question here http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=7274

Death_Pigeon
August 22nd, 2006, 10:57
epsxe finally up and running ty for any hlp but in the fmv sequences the is no sound i have no idea why any suggestions

Xiedo
August 23rd, 2006, 06:43
Make sure you have XA sound enabled. Sometimes Square games also require the "update before accessing register" special fix for the Eternal SPU plugin enabled.

Death_Pigeon
August 27th, 2006, 08:50
Thanks for all the help you guys:p

hubba123
September 4th, 2006, 19:43
k i just got my emulator up and running again and i have 2 questions how do i save and how can i use gameshark codes with my psx?

DudeJustDoIT
September 5th, 2006, 00:01
you can save just like you save on a reg playstation game or you can make a save state.

READ THIS (http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=6122) for the GS question.

nanino
November 2nd, 2006, 03:38
hey, newbie here
I've just installed and configured ePSXe just like what was written in the first page, but I chose Pete's DXD D3D Driver 1.76 since my pc doesnt support openGL...

the problem is, when I play the game, the sound is kinda scratchy, sometimes it's slower than the video (ie: the person's mouth stopped moving but still words coming out...) any way the fix this? thanx

montpics
November 2nd, 2006, 14:06
Perhaps you should try another plugin which is P.E.Op.S GPU plugin, since your current plugin won't help any much. :rolleyes:

Plus, what game your intend to play?

nanino
November 2nd, 2006, 15:34
thanx, I'll try that!
btw, the games that I was trying to play is Crash Bandicoot and Harvest Moon...:(

montpics
November 2nd, 2006, 15:54
Try to use other emulators (pSX, PSXeven, SSSPSX or other Playstation emulators) if still don't work. :cool:

cryp
February 26th, 2007, 17:54
hi

i have ePSXe v1.6.0

the poblem is the when I play Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets the sound suddenly begin to repeat and repeat

so whats the solution?

blackdeth
April 3rd, 2007, 12:07
Hi,
I did all what was said in default configuration on the 1st page of this topic.
BUT! When i start for example Medal Of Honor Underground (PAL) from CD or from ISO no matter how. The screen appears dark and nothing going on! No sound now video just nothing! I have Athlon 3200+ 2,16 GHz 512 RAM i think that's enough? PLZ help

montpics
April 4th, 2007, 10:54
How about your Graphic Card?

Plugins that you may try are these below :
Graphic
Pete's OpenGL
P.E.Op.S GPU

Sound
Eternal SPU

CD
SaPu CD plugin

If the game is an ISO, you can mount the ISO with Daemon-Tools (http://www.daemon-tools.cc) and try to set the CD drive to a right one from the SaPu CD plugin's configuration.

Good luck! ;)

blackdeth
April 5th, 2007, 20:58
hmph...i'm using Pete's OpenGL graphic plugin and enternal SPU .I'll try to find the CD plugin and'll see. 128 MB video card nvidia...don't know model but i think that's not a problem

blackdeth
April 5th, 2007, 21:26
I was right it's still not working. When i start it the screen gets black and thats all. Nothing happens. But if I start bios everything seems working but game is not...i'm confused, medal of honor was working on ADRI PSX emulator which is kinda dump thing.

blackdeth
April 7th, 2007, 09:32
Still can't solve this problem. When i launch the game EVEN WITH CD-ROM removed i don't say something like insert the correct cd or smth like that. The sceen is black and i can see the start panel below. It don't want to start itself.

montpics
April 7th, 2007, 15:00
Start to think that your disc is corrupted unless you're pretty sure that the game is playable on the real console.

Edit :
Another possible of what caused it. One word : incompatible.

blackdeth
April 7th, 2007, 16:20
I play all these games on console, they work ok. I tryed another game-nothing happened! i've removed my cd from cd-rom and started again, the screen is black everything is just the same...looks like problem is not in CD,the problem is in emulator but i configurated everything.

montpics
April 10th, 2007, 15:06
I play all these games on console, they work ok. I tryed another game-nothing happened! i've removed my cd from cd-rom and started again, the screen is black everything is just the same...looks like problem is not in CD,the problem is in emulator but i configurated everything.
Perhaps you are right on that. Better try on other emulators instead. ;)

Unfortunately I don't have that game which I would like to try it out myself. :(

doneb
April 22nd, 2007, 16:55
hello,

i was using epsxe v1.6.0 and have xp as my os with a 512ram.
now the problem is this, i get a white background in one of the battles.
see screenshot
http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/1364/picux9.th.jpg (http://img124.imageshack.us/my.php?image=picux9.jpg)
im not really good at looking for solutions, so please help.
please tell me if you need more info.

btw, im playing wild arms

blackdeth
April 22nd, 2007, 20:25
Those emulators lag really well! I tryed many emulators i think about 5 some of them didn't start at all. Other started but didn't play the game. I've found another emulator (not epsxe) it don't need any plugins so everythign is easy but sometimes voice dissapper.

P.S. Are there any control plugins where you can use mouse instead of buttons if you want your sharacter look up you just move your mouse up.
Things should be simple.

montpics
April 25th, 2007, 10:53
Unless you PC specs is pretty low that may lead to that kind of problem.

Any try with those plugins below :
GPU : P.E.Op.S GPU plugin
SPU : Eternal SPU plugin
CDR : SaPu CD plugin

While you are asking about pad plugin that may support mouse. I'll suggest you may try Nrage Pad plugin. However that may only work for PCSX or PSXeven.

Rokuke Osuni
June 7th, 2007, 19:38
Alright I am new And I've been lookin all through here all day to find out what my problem is....I want to play Final Fantasy Nine I have the ISO (I think) and I have done everything this topic has told me to I have the BIOs I have the plugins it told me to get and I have things configgured, I think. but when I go to run it it says error and shuts down can any one help me out send me a PM or somethin? I can take a screen shot if you want. But any help you can give I would appreciate.

ConorMB
June 19th, 2007, 04:53
I'v downloaded nearly every Sound file on that link...but when I go to config it only has the one that came with ePSXe listed...PLEASE help

ConorMB
June 19th, 2007, 17:57
I'v downloaded nearly every Sound file on that link...but when I go to config it only has the one that came with ePSXe listed...PLEASE help

I got a working sound file, but when I put FF9 in it makes it to the first cut scene, I see the writers name and it gets REALLY choppy. Anyway to get around this?

mhl12
June 19th, 2007, 20:41
if the scenes are really choppy most like it's a graphics plugin problem. Configure it on the fastest settings and try again.

azpoo
June 25th, 2007, 20:56
when i use this 'pete's openGl' file to run ePSXe its telling me that there is 'no wgl extensions'............. what does tha mean? sorry completely new to this :)

montpics
June 27th, 2007, 11:54
when i use this 'pete's openGl' file to run ePSXe its telling me that there is 'no wgl extensions'............. what does tha mean? sorry completely new to this :)
It simply indicates that your display card don't have WGL support. Try to switch with P.E.Op.S GPU plugin or Pete's D3D GPU plugin instead.

Count_Shagrath
July 17th, 2007, 04:07
I got the Epsxe emulator i loaded a game in the cd rom, but some of the menus in the game flicker, change strange colors, our are missing. also there is NO SOUND IN THE CUT SCENES!!WHAT IS GOING ON? Also, how do i run ISO's. Do i just down load ALL the files for that one game? then what do i do? Please help

Naz
July 19th, 2007, 13:13
aye amigos how do I use a .PBP file with ePSXe emulator,or how do I convert it so it does work.

DragonKing69
July 22nd, 2007, 16:06

followed all your steps, and no i'm not enjoying a game right now.

do you need the actual psx disc inorder to play?
if it's like the vba emu i have, i should just be able to download roms and play them

montpics
July 23rd, 2007, 12:04
You can use either ISO or actual CD-ROM. :)

DragonKing69
July 28th, 2007, 04:15
ISO? wats that

insanemaniak
July 28th, 2007, 11:04
ISO is what you call ROM

XLAUVAWKE
September 8th, 2007, 03:12
so uh, does anybody know how to slow down LoD (legend of dragoon) ?? i try using the video configurations to set the FPS max to 60 but when i load the game up it shoots to 200+ whilst playing?!?! gah, gunna keep trying to tweak it

EDIT: ahahaha oh wow, first thing i try after posting this works... lol me = dumb

SexRex
October 13th, 2007, 14:53
hey complete newbie here, I'll cut right to the chase. Ive followed the instructions up to the GPU config, when I try to config it says I do not have any plugins in the folder.

I followed the guideline and have extracted them into the right folder, could it be my graphics card may not be compatible with the plugins ?

my laptop uses an 82852/82855 GM/GME plug and play card ( its what the laptop came with, although I have ran WoW fine with it)

update: okay I got the GPU configured now onto the ISO's

thanks in advance and good job on the guidelines, I've gotten atleast this far:p

Hrothgar
October 15th, 2007, 03:53
I tried doing setting this up by myself, and it seems i did everything right. However the emulator didn't work. So I came on here and found this perfect post (Great explanation) on how to set up the emulator. The only thing I did wrong was I didn't put the emulator in program files.

I was just wondering, why is the emulator picky about where it goes? It's really weird and I've never heard of anything like it before. If anyone is a real buff on how these emulators work, could someone enlighten me?

Thanks for all the help

montpics
October 15th, 2007, 09:57
hey complete newbie here, I'll cut right to the chase. Ive followed the instructions up to the GPU config, when I try to config it says I do not have any plugins in the folder.

Make sure that you place all the plugins (only *.dll) in plugins folder.

@Hrothgar :
You can try pSX if you found ePSXe's guide is too hard for you.

Chronoless
November 11th, 2007, 00:50
Hello, I'm sorry to bother but I've been trying to play ff9 for the longest while,

Problem : I get a blank screen and nothing shows; I know the game works on the emulator.

What ive tried: I got epsxe 1.5.2 and 1.6.0. both of them got the bois (SCPH1001 and scph7502 ive tired using both bioses). I also got the additional aspi plugin and the sapu plugin together with the other plugins:

( epxse cdr wnt/w2k core 1.5.2. and epsxe cdr aspi core 1.5.2. and also sapu cd-rom plugin 1.0 segu ASPI32 driver 0.3 )

Ive tried running from the cd and also running from the iso.

Ive tested the bios and it works perfectly for both versions, no errors what so ever.

(P.S.) I also got epxse 1.5.2 on another computer, and when i try it there I get this error: recompile block too large : I've never gotten that error on my laptop)

Ive also tried some oher stuff, cant remember cuz my head hurts from this, and probably I have missed something out which I doubt :( so can anyone help me out? It would be much appreciated considering the amount of time I spent trying to get this to work =( I thank everyone in advance.. :)

insanemaniak
November 11th, 2007, 01:32
Try this (http://forums.emulator-zone.com/showthread.php?t=10649&highlight=patch)